numbness23 wrote: se1956 wrote:
Till now this should be reliable enough:http://www.ccsvi-tracking.com/index_timeline.php
But it should be confirmed (or not) by clinical trials.
THIS survey is a real joke considering there are millions suffering from MS and there are supposedly 700 participants in this. Heck Siskin has done this many procedures on his own!?]
Am I missing something, but I do not understand what is hindering some of the clinics to do better on this? Here is my understanding how it should be done:
- First, someone gets enrolled for the operation, his/her personal data is taken
- Then, he goes into the clinic/hospital for blood test, Doppler, MRV, neurological examination, etc. All the examinations are administered as they should be in any case when you visit a doctor
- Then, Angioplasty and ballooning is done
- Then, Resting for a few hours
-Then, the next day a Doppler is done and a neurological examination is done
- One month later, Doppler is done and neurological examination is done
- three months later, a Doppler is done and a neurolgical examination is done
- Six months later, a Doppler is done and a neurolgical examination is done
- One year later, a Doppler is done and a neurolgical examination is done
- Eighteen months later, a Doppler is done and a neurolgical examination is done
Why is it so hard to do? As I read here and we all know in many countries, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, just to name a few their local people would easily go for these follow-ups as there is no distance withinn the country. Of, course, overseas patients would be out of this follow-up procedure most likely, but we could still gather data and draw conclusions on efficacy, safty and how to improve the procedure.
Just to make sure I called an IR from one of these countries to make sure whether financially and logistically this can be done. He confirmed what we can read here in many posts that the price patients pay for this operation in East Europe would easily cover these follow-ups.
So, why do we not do this????? Am I missing something????