American Access Care - Chicago

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cowboystew

American Access Care - Chicago

Post by cowboystew »

Hi Dr. S,
Do you share information with the IR at American Access Care in Chicago? I'm going there for treatment May 10 - 11. This will be round 2 for me, and I'm hoping for results that last longer than my first time (17 days). Can you tell me anything about this doctor? Does he keep up with new discoveries? I was the first CCSVI patient of my South Bend doctor. I'm getting nervous, and I need to feel like I'm in good, experienced hands.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi cowboy and welcome!

I'm not sure Dr. S will see your question here, but if you post your question on his thread, he'll definitely answer you: DrSclafani answers some questions

Best of luck!

:)
cowboystew

Post by cowboystew »

Thank you. I thought I was on the Sclafani thread. I don't know how my post ended up here. I'll go try to post where I belong. Thanks again.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

If experience is the main criteria, there is a Dr. F in Chicago who has done over 50 procedures while Dr. Makris of AAC has done around 5. On the other hand, Dr. Makris has been out to Brooklyn, I am pretty sure, for training with Dr. Sclafani.

I think you've seen this but for anyone else looking for more on Dr. Makris, this is Donnchadh's thread, he was Dr. Makris's first patient in December.
www.thisisms.com/ftopic-15090-days0-orderasc-0.html

www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-159756.html#159756

Best of luck and even if the improvements were short-lived the first time around, at least you know you are a responder!
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

I was just at Dr. Markris for my 1 month check up today. He has done 10 procedures so far. I would say that you are in very good hands. He is really exited about CCSVI. I was either the 2nd or 3rd patient in South Bend with Dr. Duprat. I restenosed within a week. I am still open and flowing after having the procedure with Dr. Makris 1 month ago. :D
cowboystew

Thanks

Post by cowboystew »

Thank you Cece and anamishguy. I'm feeling more confident now. ~Nancy