Montel's announcement

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

Re: Montel's announcement

Post by CureIous »

Talk about beating a dead horse, okay so Montel, according to my program guide, is slated to appear on Dr. Oz this coming Tuesday, ostensibly on matters of right-to-die, whether the webisode gets plugged, or CCSVI gets mentioned, I guess we'll just have to wait. Meanwhile, I'm sure we all could have spread this to hundreds of others in the meantime, and I don't mean in a proselytizing sense, just awareness that there's something there, the something remaining to be determined....
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

.... the road to hell .... is paved with good intentions ......

I would put this on the back burner .

MrSuccess
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

To save me reading and researching, does anyone know if Montel has RR, SP or PP?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Montel's CCSVI talk is now on the Dr. Oz web site. I assume it's going to be on today's TV broadcast?
MarkW
Family Elder

Montel on Dr Oz Show

Post by MarkW »

It is not liberation......but worth it
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/montels- ... ure?mid=51
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: Montel on Dr Oz Show

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

MarkW wrote:It is not liberation......but worth it
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/montels- ... ure?mid=51
MarkW
You know, regarding the word liberation. I understood it like liberation of the blood flow. I think it was even said or written somewhere in 2009. I think only some patients or maybe press changed it to liberation from MS. I myself called it CCSVI procedure as I learned in 2009 it was endovascular procedure. Just was not using the word endovascular as people from all over the world asked me to use simple English. I still consider it for liberation of the blood flow.
But of course I cannot contact each patient and explain.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mavis
Family Member

Re: Montel on Dr Oz Show

Post by mavis »

Lyon wrote:
ErikaSlovakia wrote:You know, regarding the word liberation. I understood it like liberation of the blood flow. I think it was even said or written somewhere in 2009. I think only some patients or maybe press changed it to liberation from MS. I myself called it CCSVI procedure as I learned in 2009 it was endovascular procedure. Just was not using the word endovascular as people from all over the world asked me to use simple English. I still consider it for liberation of the blood flow.
But of course I cannot contact each patient and explain.
Erika
Yes and if I remember right it was Salvi and not Zamboni who originally coined the term.
Absolutely correct on both accounts. I always correct my doctors whenever they make the same mistake.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Wasn't it common knowledge via sources on this site that he was treated by Siskin? Gald it was Hubbards dont get me wrong, but this is about the lamest, most pathetic thing Ive seen, why is he in a rush? Why is making declarative statements about what this is, and isn't, when nobody else knows? Its almost like he wants a passing nod towards ccsvi, while keeping his pharmaceutical handlers happy. What a disaster lol. Why does he think people are going out of country in the first place? Yet he chooses to become part of the problem instead of the solution?

Very sad. We need a front (person) for this who can speak with knowledge and authority not the infomercial guy.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

It was Dr. Ponec who treated him, thru the Hubbard Foundation. Dr. Dake tested him at Stanford, Ponec treated in San Diego. It was all filmed by Dr. Oz's camera team, as were interviews with Ponec and Hubbard. None of it was used. Except that interview. sigh.
http://hubbardfoundation.blogspot.com/2 ... rsial.html

Dr. Galeotti referred to the venoplasty as "liberating" the blood flow...and this procedure was dubbed the Liberation Procedure in this publication--
http://www.direct-ms.org/sites/default/ ... n%2009.pdf
Dr. Dake didn't like that term...said it's just venoplasty.

we're trying, Mark...it's not easy.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am sad that it ended up on the web instead of on the show. It would've made a helluva show. :(
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

well ..... it went better than I expected it would. I would commend Mr Williams and Dr.Oz for their effort. CCSVI is a lot to grasp and Montel did a very good job explaining it , in such a short interview. I would have prefered Montel to have said " neck " instead of "brain" when referencing the source of the problem. However , I blame that on the emotion of the moment. As we see ... he briefly became overcome with his thoughts.

Some very, very good things will come as a result of this interview.

I really like Mr.Williams effort to educate pwMS ... NOT to run off to Tony Soprano's CCSVI & Bowling Alley .... to have this procedure. Well done and well said, Mr.Williams.

Our medical conditions are for most people , a very private matter. For Mr.Williams to share his health difficulty's with the viewers ...... is to be applauded.

Mr.Williams strong endorsement of the CCSVI treatment ..... will help advance CCSVI to gain mainstream status .

I do have one complaint .

It certainly was not music to my ears , to listen to Mr.Williams make the bold statement , that he needed to either endorse or refute CCSVI , based on HIS personal experience with it .

CCSVI .... DOES NOT ...rise or fall on the outcome of ONE pwMS.

This is why clinical trials are needed. It needs to be established by the outcomes of thousands of pwMS .... that have had the Liberation procedure.

Like all other viewers .... I am thrilled at Mr.Williams report of improved ataxia and heat intolerance . However , these may not last. This is to be expected in 50% of those fortunate enough to have been treated.

I do not want Mr.Williams to go on air ..... and cast doubt on CCSVI Liberation.

I remind all ... to read the Aesop fable ...." The Fox and the Grapes "

Mr.Success
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

i watched yesterday and it was about physician assisted suicide .
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

According to Montel, Dr. Ponec of Del Mar Vein Care in CA is literally the best IR in the country.
I saw Dr. Ponec speak at the NY symposium, and he came across very well. Intelligent, measured, thoughtful. He also has been working with the Hubbards steadily through 2010 and 2011, so has the experience of having done a high number of procedures. The only drawback that I know of with Dr. Ponec is that he is not among the doctors who use IVUS, which may mean some stenoses are missed or the balloon size is imprecise. We need more publications on the benefits of IVUS in CCSVI to say if it matters as much as I think it matters.

When Montel was discussing his improvements, he seemed to expect people to dismiss his improvements as small things. The ability to bend over without falling over. Being outside in the heat. But these are huge things. And, this was my experience too, improvements happened immediately after the procedure, and they persist.

He also said that, if his doctor told him he needed to have the procedure done again, he would absolutely get in there and have it done again.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

erinc14 wrote:i watched yesterday and it was about physician assisted suicide .

YES AND THAT PSYCHIATRIST WAS A COMPLETE OUT OF LINE ASSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE
mean, sarcastic, and it was obvious he put Montel into a flare. Poor Montel looked stressed and kept clutching his left leg like he was in pain. That Dr was a real frickin prick.
Last edited by THEGREEKFROMTHED on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”