Montel's announcement

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pklittle
Family Elder

Re: What's the latest on Montel-Who is he going to for treat

Post by pklittle »

carollevin wrote:I hear Montel is very close to his appointment now. Does anyone know which doctor he has chosen to perform his treatment and has he disclosed what his testing showed?

I can't find any details about this on his FB page or elsewhere.

Just curious.

Well, he said he met with Dr. Dake, so I would assume he is being treated by him.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

If I was him I wouldn't say a dagnab thing. One way or the other. For years. And I'd probably have a yacht.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

1eye wrote:If I was him I wouldn't say a dagnab thing. One way or the other. For years. And I'd probably have a yacht.
Sounds like Montel will be in this situation....

newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

Touche', Trish! It is what it is. Let's just give Montel the same support we give each other who undergo ccsvi treatment.
hannakat
Family Elder

Re: montel

Post by hannakat »

zinamaria wrote:I just wish Montel would use the word 'spokes person' rather than 'guinea pig' in the context of CCSVI. He is no guinea pig as that would imply experimental, and although CCSVI sure has a lot of research that is needed, he is certainly on among thousands and not the first.
He loves to talk and this is why he is out there as a personality, so I really do hope he experiences postive changes with the procedure, because in that way he would represent so many of us.

It is clear that he suffers and I wish him improved health, as with any and all who suffer from MS (and other problems as well).

Isn't Sclafani using stents now?
He most certainly is a guinea pig, as is everyone undergoing treatment for CCSVI. Angioplasty is not experiment but I believe it's experimental when used to treat CCSVI. The doctors are still constantly changing what they do and don't do.... examples are given throughout this thread. I really hope people DO understand that this is very much still experimental and consider the risks beforehand.

Unfortunately, those risks aren't so easy to find, isolated in one place unless I've missed it (which is highly likely).

I'm not a big Montel fan either and he'll tell what he wants to. Quite sure he'll take his time before making any sort of claim. What he does eventually say will definitely have an effect on the future of CCSVI.
Kleiner
Family Member

Post by Kleiner »

On Montel's Facebook page today:

"I will be making a very important announcement about CCSVI for those members of my MS Foundation Facebook page later today."
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

Do we have a link?
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

Geez, this guy knows how to drag something out huh? He lives on the east coast right?

Come on Montel......just spit it out!
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

well done Lyon!

He may have changed it, it now says "Later this week" instead of "On Friday."

Chronicled for tv broadcast in the fall! :)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Friday is right before the 4th of July holiday weekend. Many people take off. He may be afraid if he wants to speak with Dr Dake or whoever does the CCSVI procedure, that they may not be that available, location wise. They may have plans. Hospitals and clinics may be half closed or limited in staff.

I think he wants it before the holiday. Also if people know where and when he is being treated, they will camp outside the place. That goes for the media too!

He deserves privacy during his going to the drs facility, during the CCSVI procedure, and his going home time.

He says it will be documented in the Fall, so we have a long way to wait. JMO

I wish him great improvements. No one should have to suffer with MS pain, disabling symptoms and progression. If some symptoms disappear after the CCSVI procedure that's the miracle of it all.
CD
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I'd guess it is Friday but that he changed what was said (or rather, whoever handles updates to his facebook page changed it) for the privacy reasons CD mentions. The holiday afterwards may make it easier for him to clear his schedule to give him time to recuperate. There were a few weeks of recuperation needed when I had it done (or else it was the blood thinners, which I took for three weeks, and felt better once they were done).
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Cece wrote:I'd guess it is Friday but that he changed what was said (or rather, whoever handles updates to his facebook page changed it) for the privacy reasons CD mentions. The holiday afterwards may make it easier for him to clear his schedule to give him time to recuperate. There were a few weeks of recuperation needed when I had it done (or else it was the blood thinners, which I took for three weeks, and felt better once they were done).
Friday is the last working day before Liberty Day, the Fourth of July

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”