Severe headaches after CCSVI and occluded stent

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby jimmylegs » Mon May 02, 2011 11:04 am

okay well i looked that brand up to find out the form, and you'll have to confirm but from what i can tell the label says it's magnesium oxide.

sooo, that is the least absorbable form. but i would not recommend taking 2 or 3 per day because you'll be stuck in the bathroom all day.

however, it does do the trick. you just have to pay with the runs.

magnesium citrate is a little better.

magnesium glycinate does not give the runs, but i have found it critical to take the pill before a solid meal because otherwise it relaxes my lower oesophageal sphincter resulting in an unpleasant cough (my version of heartburn apparently)

personally i make a determined effort to eat healthy magnesium-rich foods as often as possible.

hope that helps!
odd sx? no dx? check w/ dietitian
DRI=MINIMUM eg bit.ly/1vgQclQ
99% don't meet these. meds/lifestyle can affect levels
status can be low in ms & other cond'ns
'but my results are normal'. typical panels don't test all
deficits occur in 'normal' range
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby 1eye » Mon May 02, 2011 11:11 am

I know it sounds crazy to pipe in with all these voices trying to help. Nobody wants to sit by while a friend suffers. Just a couple of probably useless contributions:

1. Beware of caffeine. Please do not be offended -- I would have bitten the head off of anybody who tried to talk to me about it; I am not trying to say your headaches are not as bad: they are *all* bad. The worst headaches I have ever had came from withdrawal from caffeine. The caffeine came from caffeine-laced codeine-type painkillers.

2. Codeine can cause bad digestive trouble, which can bring on even more headache. I probably want the pain relief more than the next guy but now I hardly ever use opiates.

The really good news is that magnesium is a laxative. I am serious and hope you get better without my two farthing worth.

There's a puzzled-looking robin hovering outside my back window. Probably wondering if any worms live in there.
The bottom line on MS is,,. They don't know what causes it. So they can't treat it. And this BUGS THEM.

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)