Anyone from Montreal?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Anyone from Montreal?

Post by Filmmaker »

Hi
Just wondering if there's any clinic in Montreal to test for CCSVI, if not, people from Mtl who got tested (and maybe treated) where did you go?
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

Westmount Clinic... Closed!!!

HEY :x
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I live near Montreal. Never got tested for CCSVI. I just made an appointment in Bulgaria last June. They test you there. If you have MS, you have CCSVI. Most places test you at their facility. Why waste your money when they charge you for it where ever you go.
Hockeydad
Family Member

Post by Hockeydad »

You might have to go to Toronto, to Dr MacDonald's Barrie Vascular Clinic. Although, there are others springing up in Eastern Ontario.
RRMS since Feb , 2010. No drugs, just vitamins and exercise.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I forgot to mention that I met some people (while in Bulgaria) whose ultrasound did NOT show any stenosis. But when the did the venogram they found it. Also, ultrsounds are not accurate. With mine they said my right side was worse than the left. Upon doing the venogram it turned out that my left jugular was more stenosed than the right one.
DrCumming
Family Elder

Post by DrCumming »

dania, i think you are correct. US is not good enough to say a person does not have CCSVI. if a pwMS wants to purse CCSVI, then it would be reasonable plan on getting a venogram.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

i'm from montreal and was tested and treated in march in albany ny.

i arecently sked a clinic here if would do doppler ultrasound on me and they said yes .
AnnaP
Family Elder

Post by AnnaP »

Hey there,
I'm from Montreal, had my procedure done Bulgaria in June 2010, I don't regret it. I was tested at the Westmount before it was shut down and before I went to Bulgaria, no stenios found, yeah right!!! Three veins were ballooned in Bulgaria, got immediate relief. I drive to Barrie to find out if my veins are still opened, I know they re-steniosed. I have an appointment on May 16.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”