Treatment for CCSVI in Bruges, Belgium

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pauly

Treatment for CCSVI in Bruges, Belgium

Post by pauly »

Hello all,

Last week I have had my treatment in Bruges. With in 2 weeks I could come for the apointment. The docter who performed my treatment was docter Jan de Letter, he was verry friendly and he was taking all the time for me after the treatment. Within two days I had the scan, and the treatment.

I found it a verry nice/good experience and really I already have some improvements. The spasmen in my legs are gone and also my energie level is better. Friday I am going to my therapist for a plan for action, I am curious what he will say.

Are there any people who also had the treatment done in Belgium?
What are your experience?

greetings Paul
joge
Family Elder

Post by joge »

Of course!

Done by Roel Beelen MD. in Aalst. Lots of people went there. People from Belgium, but also from abroad. Canada, UK.
I'm ready, I'm ready !
pauly

Post by pauly »

yes, that's true Joge.
I had to make my choice between him and Jan de Letter MD.
In Bruges there was no waitinglist.

Paul
daffy84

Re: Treatment for CCSVI in Bruges, Belgium

Post by daffy84 »

Hello guys, next week I'll have to go to Bruges to do the surgery. I would like to know if it is a serious clinical, because they asked me all the money in advance. (Private Scan)
MarkW
Family Elder

IVUS in Bruges, Belgium ?????

Post by MarkW »

Thanks for posting the info, Paul. I have a simple question - Does this clinic use IntraVascular UltraSound (IVUS) in the diagnosis ???
The reason for using both tools is that Catheter Venograms may miss some instances of stenosis, which are detected with IVUS. Also sizing of balloons to treat vein valve problems is usually more accurate with IVUS. I recommend that catheter venography and IVUS are used. As we have to pay for this I want pwMS to get a full diagnosis. See Gold Standard thread and IVUS thread for more info.
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I agree with Mark about IVUS being fundamental in the procedure.

Here's a letter from Dr. Jan de Letter on some of his techniques (yes to high pressure balloons, no to cutting balloons).
http://www.ccsvi-online.com/news/studie ... ment-ccsvi
All the best to daffy with the procedure!! Pauly, congrats on the improvements!
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Last week i spoke to someone who was interested in the IVUS approach, he told me that there is no IVUS in Brugge and sadly there is no interest.

I know some people of the organization, maybe i give them a call and try to convince them of the IVUS approach (i had treatment with IVUS at OLV in Aalst)