My turn!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Mathd
Family Member

My turn!

Post by Mathd »

Last friday it was my turn, with Dr Sclafani.
I had blocages in Left Jugular, Azygos(18mm big!) and Illiac,

The day after, the fatigue was gone, and I already had less spasticity in my legs.
since I didnt have any headaches too.

Now I got a flu, so every muscle of my body is hurting, but even with that I feel better than before

Thanks to Dr Sclafani and his team at AAC.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Keep healing, Mathd!!
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

I'm so excited for you! Congrats on finding RELIEF from symptoms already! But I'm so sorry you now have the flu. I hope you have a good support system. Make sure you rest, stay well hydrated, and take care of yourself! :-) Are you in New York?
codefellow
Family Elder

ANOTHER flu/cold, etc...!!??

Post by codefellow »

Just a a curiosity, maybe someone could do a poll to see how many people had the treatment and did/did not get sick soon afterward.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I'm happy that things are working out so well for you, MathD !!! Keep us posted on any continued progress.

ozarkcanoer
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

i am glad you had some immediate improvements. keep healing and improving.
ikulo
Family Elder

Re: My turn!

Post by ikulo »

Mathd wrote: Now I got a flu, so every muscle of my body is hurting, but even with that I feel better than before
Congrats Mathd! much healing in the future....

I hate to keep dwelling on this, but A LOT of people are reporting flu symptoms right after the procedure. I was really sick afterwards. Not to hijack your thread, but I wonder what's behind this..?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

From what LymeNurse has been suggesting, it could be a flood of whatever bad stuff/toxins have built up in the brain that have been 'liberated' as well by the improved blood flow. Or it could be undiagnosed Lyme and a Herx response! That might be a little more out there. I always thought it was a result of travelling and planes and being exposed to exotic (NY) viruses but I do hear a lot of reports.

When I went to Brooklyn for treatment, every other member of my family came down with a bad cold except for me!!
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Post by Filmmaker »

Wow, that is wonderful!!
About the flu symptoms, flu is always an immune reaction to get the body rid of toxins... NOW, remember guys!!! remember your first MS flare up, don;t you remember that few weeks before your had a long flu?!! Don't you remember if you have been RRMS, that every relapse started with a flu? That is how it worked with me... and then, in between relpases, I would symply never get sick with normal colds... maybe that's because my immune system was turned off...
I am not saying flu causes relapse, I am just thinking MAYBE MS is really a caused by a pathogen that the immune system is trying to fight and with the CCSVI procedure, more blood is flowing in so more immune cells can go attack whatever is causing the veins to block...
Keep searching guys, TIMS may have the Nobel prize before those big labs still ooking for answers...
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Oh, no! That would mean: CCSVI is a cause of auto-immunity. No, it can't be true. Slow blood flow? Immune cells having a hard time getting around and being kept busy cleaning up apoptosis messes? Apoptosis messes all over the place on account of low oxygen levels? Quick. Get out the blinkers. I hear nothing. I see nothing. Triple blind me, hurry!

BTW congratulations on getting your veins freed up, and I wish you every success in recovery from your symptoms. Flu-like, huh? I sure remember *that* from my interferon days.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Shannon
Family Elder

Post by Shannon »

Think it could have something to do with interferon? Isn't this a natural substance in the body? It's probably no coincidence that treating MS with interferon also causes flu-like symptoms. :?
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

Mathd - I'm thrilled for your healing! I, too, got sick after my procedure....I tried to look at it as my body forcing me to rest and drink fluids. Positive healing energy is being sent your way!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”