Continuation of the Odyssey

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Continuation of the Odyssey

Postby Rici » Sun May 22, 2011 1:48 pm

My Odyssey continues.
As I said I had a spectacular improvement after narrowing of the diameter of the right vein of 31 - 32 mm to 12 mm, which significantly improved the hemodynamics of blood circulation to the brain. However, currently experienced swelling in the operated site, which is pushing me to the vein (found, confirmed by ultrasound). The result is an impediment to re-drain. Swelling at the operated due to immunosuppressive agents is acting!. This fact is confirmed by a neurologist. In applying these measures wounds heal very bad after surgery. I feel a bit like d Dr. Putnam's dogs with a closed veins. But already after a few minutes when applying a cold gel the reaction is positve.
Regards
Rici
Rici
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 pm

I hope the inflammation goes down and healing continues, Rici.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Continuation of the Odyssey

Postby drsclafani » Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Rici wrote:My Odyssey continues.
As I said I had a spectacular improvement after narrowing of the diameter of the right vein of 31 - 32 mm to 12 mm, which significantly improved the hemodynamics of blood circulation to the brain. However, currently experienced swelling in the operated site, which is pushing me to the vein (found, confirmed by ultrasound). The result is an impediment to re-drain. Swelling at the operated due to immunosuppressive agents is acting!. This fact is confirmed by a neurologist. In applying these measures wounds heal very bad after surgery. I feel a bit like d Dr. Putnam's dogs with a closed veins. But already after a few minutes when applying a cold gel the reaction is positve.
Regards
Rici

rici
this is so surprising!.

A 32 mm jugular is not the result of an angioplasty. One would suspect an arteriovenous fistula or severe heart failure with a vein of that dimension.

i hope the inflammation subsides and healing accelerates.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Postby CD » Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Good luck Rici. Are you on any medications for the rt vein now? I hope the healing gets better each day.
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
CD
Family Elder

Postby munchkin » Mon May 23, 2011 5:58 am

good luck and keep us posted on how your recovery is going.
munchkin
Family Elder

Postby frodo » Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 am

drsclafani wrote:
Rici wrote:My Odyssey continues.
Regards
Rici

rici
this is so surprising!.

A 32 mm jugular is not the result of an angioplasty. One would suspect an arteriovenous fistula or severe heart failure with a vein of that dimension.

Hi Dr. Sclafani.

Just a remark. Rici had no angioplasty. He had a open neck surgery to reduce the diameter of the IJV, because it was too wide. It seems that Dr. Schelling was directing the surgery.
frodo
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm

The surgery was to correct the increased size of the jugular, presumed to be due to the angioplasty a year prior, but if severe heart failure or arteriovenous fistula have not been ruled out, that is a concern....
Cece
Family Elder

Postby David1949 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Rici's case seems to indicate that too big is as bad as too small when it comes to veins. Could it be that the large veins allow blood to flow out too quickly so it is not retained in the capillaries long enough for oxygen to diffuse through the caplliary wall into the surrounding tissue?

I'm just thinking out loud. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
David1949
Family Elder

Postby Rici » Tue May 24, 2011 6:20 am

frodo wrote:rici
this is so surprising!.

Hi Dr. Sclafani.

Just a remark. Rici had no angioplasty. He had a open neck surgery to reduce the diameter of the IJV, because it was too wide. It seems that Dr. Schelling was directing the surgery.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply Dr. Sclafani. I already had a broad right vein before the first and second angioplasty. However, during the second angioplasty my valve was damaged. Before the procedure Dr. Schelling warned me and Euromedic about possibility of such terrible consequences. Also my already broad vein was widened.( http://www.ccsvi-ms.pl/video4.avi )
Regards
Rici
Rici
Family Elder

Postby Rici » Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 am

David1949 wrote:Rici's case seems to indicate that too big is as bad as too small when it comes to veins. Could it be that the large veins allow blood to flow out too quickly so it is not retained in the capillaries long enough for oxygen to diffuse through the caplliary wall into the surrounding tissue?

I'm just thinking out loud. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Hi
With a wide vein is even worse than with too narrow. Narrowing remove angioplasty, and a broad vein can only be narrowed with the open surgery. Well, we already have a place where we can have such an operation and this is to be made at first-class hospital: http://www.medicover.com/plen/hospital/
Regards
Rici
Rici
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)