AAN early report on 3 CCSVI studies

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

sou wrote:CCSVI detection via dopler ultrasound is not a straightforward procedure. Instead of blaming Zamboni's "flawed" studies, they could simply do something more productive i.e. perform a neck plethysmogram. This would reveal that there is something really wrong with the flow.

It is easy to perform (2-3 button presses), no special training is required and it provides about 85% sensitivity.

I find all "Zamboni is evil", "CCSVI is trash" discussions really counter productive. Do you want to disprove Zamboni's research? Let a plethysmographer do it.
\

I personally think they should begin using a pair of those x-ray glasses that were sold in comic books when I was a little tyke! Better yet how about a comic book with a superhero named the "Liberator" in it who goes around the world on a flying "zamboni" diagnosing people with CCSVI via his super x-ray glasses!! Ahhh never mind... I am sure the present day comic book establishment would undermine my efforts at making even a cent off of this idea due to their dedication to their old worn out heroes like batman and superman!!
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

I am sure the present day comic book establishment would undermine my efforts at making even a cent off of this idea due to their dedication to their old worn out heroes like batman and superman!!
You could approach Serono, our Rebif making friends and tell them you want to make some money. They will then launder your request through an organization that will ensure that Rebif is rx (whether the patient would benefit or not) and the organization will pad your pockets and make you happy. And this will be accepted by everyone because that's what happens today in the world of MS medicine 8O

Harry
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

HarryZ wrote:
I am sure the present day comic book establishment would undermine my efforts at making even a cent off of this idea due to their dedication to their old worn out heroes like batman and superman!!
You could approach Serono, our Rebif making friends and tell them you want to make some money. They will then launder your request through an organization that will ensure that Rebif is rx (whether the patient would benefit or not) and the organization will pad your pockets and make you happy. And this will be accepted by everyone because that's what happens today in the world of MS medicine 8O

Harry
Hey: I like that idea! A fine organization like that would probably even arrange payment for a vanity-press version of the comic if you really have a literary bent, and maybe buy any copies left over.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Hey: I like that idea! A fine organization like that would probably even arrange payment for a vanity-press version of the comic if you really have a literary bent, and maybe buy any copies left over.
Of course they would....just as long as you RX only Rebif to the patients. And if the government catches you, not to worry....Serono will pay the multi million dollar fine and chock it up to the cost of doing business.

Harry