47 patient Study Results from AMEDS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

47 patient Study Results from AMEDS

Postby laura383 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:34 am

laura383
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am

wow, very interesting!
Characteristics of patients who have had positive results from CCSVI treatment indicate that most beneficial groups are:
Females
Relapsing-Remitting type of MS
At young age
With short disease duration
With lower baseline EDSS.

Young age is defined as under 30; short disease duration is defined as 5 years or less.

Even if these are trends, there are still PP patients in the improvement category and RR patients in the nonimprovement category, etc.

This is measuring improvement as an improvement in EDSS, which does not capture all possible improvements such as in vision, fatigue, etc.

It is quite possible that PP patients have more complicated azygous disease (see the recent discussion in DSASQ, of renal veins and azygous stenoses not seen on venogram but found with IVUS). So, fewer improvements for PP patients could be a result of insufficient treatment of the complicated azygous.

I would take these as preliminary trends but would want to see the technique perfected (or as close as possible) before taking them too much to heart.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby David1949 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 am

Looks like the results for over-the-hill males who don't have the relapsing remitting type are not good.
David1949
Family Elder

Postby EJC » Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 am

I'd like to see the age breakdown of the 47 patients with disease duration and results that crossmatch both.

It's a little early to be drawing conclusions from such a small group, when the control group is 470 patients it will carry far more weight.

Still, nice to see results being compiled, but wthout a universal standard for collation or for the procedure itself it's little more than a bit of PR.
EJC
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 pm

David1949 wrote:Looks like the results for over-the-hill males who don't have the relapsing remitting type are not good.

*I* knew that. Still working on it though. Almost 57 1/2 years old. Triked ~9K today. BP ~106/75. HR ~85.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby MrSuccess » Tue May 31, 2011 4:19 pm

usually .... I am pleased to read such wonderful news..... but what with all we know ...... I must stress great caution to anyone thinking of travelling to Poland.

When someone tells you exactly what you want to hear ..........

Mr. Success
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)