Keep the faith, my friends!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I don't know what direction you might be rowing in, but I am certainly not going the same way as those neurologists who do everything possible to delay, deny, refuse, and negate everything that has anything to do with the procedure to treat CCSVI.

I agree insurance companies should be demanding this. But why? What would they get out of it? I think here are a couple of things.

1. They could avoid paying for so many DMDs. There are some who don't want to have the procedure. They must be accommodated. But DMDs cost a *lot* more, and it would be in insurance companies' interest to do all they can to support and improve this very viable and much more inexpensive, very preferable, and much more effective alternative. That would improve their bottom line.

2. They could help put people back to work. My fondest dream is not to play a guitar, to walk, to drive, but to be able to earn a living, support my family, and stop taking long term disability before it runs out. They could gain a few bucks there too.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

I agree 1eye, but therein lies the rub. The docs continue to advise taking the DMD's and will continue to do so until there is scientific evidence for a change in standard of practice. The insurance cos will not believe that going back to work is anything other than an ordinary remission. Without scientific proof, we will never get there. Very frustrating but the factual case.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I've seen it. Millions think they've seen it too. Today I saw more of it. Before and after venoplasty BOLD data. It's all around, hard to miss. You shouldn't need to be spoon-fed. If you want to pursue it, you can get it from a lot of sources. People with denial problems lie and say they can be convinced, when if they took a lie-detector test they would be forced to admit they could never be convinced, that their minds are closed forever. It is wasteful to spend time and money on the attempt. If you think you can convince Mark Freedman or his like, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I agree 1eye, but therein lies the rub. The docs continue to advise taking the DMD's and will continue to do so until there is scientific evidence for a change in standard of practice.
"RRMS" only. They do not advise taking them to any "progressive" patients. The more disability, the more unlikely the recovery, even with the CCSVI procedure (though I continue to think it's a good bet). However, if any of these patients could go back to work, that would be a huge gain, whether the patient is living on the Insurance Company's nickel, or the government's.
Not a doctor.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I think I'm rowing in the right direction .... but you never know. :wink:

Let's not paint all Neurologists , with the same tar brush.

See Dr. Hubbard's latest presentation ...... the graphs need to be explained in a more understandable manner ...... for those without medical degrees. But the results are stunning.

Another Neurologist ..... Dr. Silvi ...... who is on Dr. Zamboni's CCSVI team ...... enough said.

Dr. Zivadov ..... Dr. Weinstock- Guttman ......

My apology's to any and all I have overlooked .

As for the health insurance people ..... there is now a change in the wind.
Many a post ago ..... Mr. Success noted that the health insurance company's would embrace CCSVI treatment with open arms ... IF ... the procedure was proved effective and long lasting .

And reasonably priced.

In all reality , the insurance company's have no interest in paying for repeated expensive treatments AND expensive DMD's.

That is the cold hard truth .

All this considered ..... Mr. Success continues to support Dr. Zamboni's great discovery and those advancing CCSVI into mainstream MS treatment. I am convinced CCSVI correction is valid. No doubt at all.

Those Neuro's mentioned ? I'll jump in their boat anyday .... they are rowing in the right direction .....

Enjoying the ride .........

Mr. Success

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”