Haacke MRV - close to Missouri?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Haacke MRV - close to Missouri?

Postby SaintLouis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 pm

I can't seem to get the Hubbard registry/locations web page to work...for those of you in the midwest who have had it done or know the locations, where do you think the closest place to St. Louis, MO would be to get an MRV done by someone who has experience with the Haacke protocol?

I know my local docs could download the protocol and do it locally but if they don't have experience with it I fear they may not really know how to interpret whatever results they get.

Also I want to go someplace where they do the flow quantification part of the test.

Any suggestion welcome.

-St. Loo
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I had it done here in MN (Dr. Cumming).
Cece
Family Elder

Postby SaintLouis » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks Cece. Did your MRV include the flow quantification part too?

Also, I can't remember, did it prove helpful in the overall scheme of things?
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:49 am

Flow quantification is the charts and graphs with the flow information? I had that.

Verdict is still out on if it was helpful to me or not. It showed the two jugular stenoses that were found and treated in the venogram, but they would have been found regardless. The flow information itself was not of interest to anyone but me. It also showed what looks to me like a large obstruction in the lower area of the azygous (not the arch) but upon venogram Dr. Sclafani did not find anything there; however, I'll be having a repeat venogram with ivus which was not previously used in my azygous. If upon ivus he finds such an obstruction, the MRV will have been helpful. Otherwise, it's main use was to give me an image to hold onto while I waited for my turn for my procedure.

It would be nice to have a before-and-after MRV, particularly for anyone treated in the azygous, but it still see is unproven if the MRVs are reliably showing what's there anyway.
Cece
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)