ccsvi could be for this reason

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
fee001
Family Elder

ccsvi could be for this reason

Post by fee001 »

WebMD Article: Chiropractic Cuts Blood Pressure
According to an article on WebMD (www.webmd.com) proper alignment of the C-1 (Atlas vertebra) can have a significant impact on lowering blood pressure. One of the doctors conducting the study mentioned in the article says that misaligment of C-1 can trigger release of signals that make the arteries contract, effecting blood flow to the arteries in the base of the skull, which in turn can have an impact on blood pressure.

Study Finds Special 'Atlas Adjustment' Lowers Blood Pressure
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Medical News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

March 16, 2007 -- A special chiropractic adjustment can significantly lower high blood pressure, a placebo-controlled study suggests.

"This procedure has the effect of not one, but two blood-pressure medications given in combination," study leader George Bakris, MD, tells WebMD. "And it seems to be adverse-event free. We saw no side effects and no problems," adds Bakris, director of the University of Chicago hypertension center.

Eight weeks after undergoing the procedure, 25 patients with early-stage high blood pressure had significantly lower blood pressure than 25 similar patients who underwent a sham chiropractic adjustment. Because patients can't feel the technique, they were unable to tell which group they were in.

X-rays showed that the procedure realigned the Atlas vertebra -- the doughnut-like bone at the very top of the spine -- with the spine in the treated patients, but not in the sham-treated patients.

Compared to the sham-treated patients, those who got the real procedure saw an average 14 mm Hg greater drop in systolic blood pressure (the top number in a blood pressure count), and an average 8 mm Hg greater drop in diastolic blood pressure (the bottom blood pressure number).

None of the patients took blood pressure medicine during the eight-week study.

"When the statistician brought me the data, I actually didn't believe it. It was way too good to be true," Bakris says. "The statistician said, 'I don't even believe it.' But we checked for everything, and there it was."

Bakris and colleagues report their findings in the advance online issue of the Journal of Human Hypertension.
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Just because it takes not one, but two (count 'em two!) drugs to affect blood pressure doesn't meant there is no other single point of control which can affect both diastolic and systolic. Like, say, the heart muscle. Or, for argument, say, the endothelium! Through the smooth muscles all over the body!
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

1eye wrote:Just because it takes not one, but two (count 'em two!) drugs to affect blood pressure doesn't meant there is no other single point of control which can affect both diastolic and systolic. Like, say, the heart muscle. Or, for argument, say, the endothelium! Through the smooth muscles all over the body!
i dont understand what your saying to say
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Re: ccsvi could be for this reason

Post by Vivianne766 »

fee001 wrote:WebMD Article: Chiropractic Cuts Blood Pressure
According to an article on WebMD (www.webmd.com) proper alignment of the C-1 (Atlas vertebra) can have a significant impact on lowering blood pressure. One of the doctors conducting the study mentioned in the article says that misaligment of C-1 can trigger release of signals that make the arteries contract, effecting blood flow to the arteries in the base of the skull, which in turn can have an impact on blood pressure.

Study Finds Special 'Atlas Adjustment' Lowers Blood Pressure
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Medical News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

March 16, 2007 -- A special chiropractic adjustment can significantly lower high blood pressure, a placebo-controlled study suggests.

"This procedure has the effect of not one, but two blood-pressure medications given in combination," study leader George Bakris, MD, tells WebMD. "And it seems to be adverse-event free. We saw no side effects and no problems," adds Bakris, director of the University of Chicago hypertension center.

Eight weeks after undergoing the procedure, 25 patients with early-stage high blood pressure had significantly lower blood pressure than 25 similar patients who underwent a sham chiropractic adjustment. Because patients can't feel the technique, they were unable to tell which group they were in.

X-rays showed that the procedure realigned the Atlas vertebra -- the doughnut-like bone at the very top of the spine -- with the spine in the treated patients, but not in the sham-treated patients.

Compared to the sham-treated patients, those who got the real procedure saw an average 14 mm Hg greater drop in systolic blood pressure (the top number in a blood pressure count), and an average 8 mm Hg greater drop in diastolic blood pressure (the bottom blood pressure number).

None of the patients took blood pressure medicine during the eight-week study.

"When the statistician brought me the data, I actually didn't believe it. It was way too good to be true," Bakris says. "The statistician said, 'I don't even believe it.' But we checked for everything, and there it was."

Bakris and colleagues report their findings in the advance online issue of the Journal of Human Hypertension.
Interesting, ... and simple enough for me to understand. But how do u think this misalignment effects the veins' structure ?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

it can effect the veins by putting pressure on the veins causing narrowing.

ive seen scans with c1 impelling, i cant think of the right word, the jugular veins

a atlas misalignment can cause the spine to be off angled pushing bones and organs which might put pressure on veins causing stenosis

can cause TOS and CTOS

I think its very important to get your atlas aligned correctly before any ccsvi surgery is done because if you have outside pressure on the veins, ccsvi surgery wont last
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

civickiller i agree and see your point. pressure on arteries or veins is not a good thing. makes sence.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i think the problem is that people dont want to try it, how can adjusting a bone help me.

i cant wait till upper cervical care becomes standard care so i can say i told you so back in '11, haha
fee001
Family Elder

Why no Chiropractors!!!!!

Post by fee001 »

Civickiller

I see the body"s structure as a precise piece of engineering, if one componant is a fraction of a mm out of position it renders the whole system useless as it cannot function at its full capacity. one misalignment causes knock on affect after knock on affect. Causing tensions to occur which then disrupts the whole nervous system.

I am not a medic, scientist or neurologist, but I am fully aware of every influence that thismisalignment has caused to my whole system.

Unfortunately I also did not bank on the Candida issue that caused me further complications to my digestive system and more.

I consider it a catasrphic and fundimental mistake for the medical profession to have excluded Chiropractors from a condition that effects the spinal chord, as this is where their expertise lies.

It has also been grossly underestimated the body's capabilities in self healing, but to do that its structure must be sound.

And because of all these reasons I refute my diagnosis 100%
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

its sad when people dont want to try to help themselves then complain about it

i keep repeating over and over, everyone should go visit a Upper Cervical Care Dr. to see if they need UCC. its only at most $300 to get tested, mine was only $50.

i forgot everyone was born a Dr. so they know for a fact it wont help them

everyone should come check the ccsvi and ccvbp thread

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-14005.html

[/url]
fee001
Family Elder

I understand why they dont

Post by fee001 »

Hi!

Its very scarey and dodgy out there. I was lucky I found a brilliant Chiro,
he doesnt believe in xrays and is treating me as me not the condition of ms.

I understand why finding a creditable Chiro can be daunting, but as there are a few bad examples. There are also some very good ones.

There are official sites that can list genuine registered Chiropractors.

There are answers as to why I cannot walk, and it has nothing to do with ms
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk