one year ago today: very brief note :-)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bluesky63
Family Elder

one year ago today: very brief note :-)

Post by bluesky63 »

Greetings to the CCSVI forum. I last posted in May, during a period in which I was experiencing some scary symptoms. And yet here I am, still, on the one-year anniversary of a very thorough venous angioplasty with an incredible team -- an almost five-hour procedure that changed my life.

From first considering the idea in 2009, I took a year of investigation and persistence getting to the point of finally undergoing that procedure in 2010, ten years after I had been diagnosed with MS -- ten-years of physical, emotional, and spiritual upheaval and renewal that I could never have imagined eleven years ago.

I consider myself one of the luckiest people alive to have met the people I have, to have had the opportunities open to me, to have been able to be with so many people here and benefit from what all of you have brought.

If I disappeared tonight, I would still be happy to have had this year, this gift. I'm not sure I would have seen this summer without the extra capacity to heal and recover, the extra strength and relief from symptoms that I gained a year ago.

Incidentally, while I see connections between vascular issues and other body systems in some symptoms, at least for many people, I am not a "ccsvi proponent" or a "ccsvi skeptic," etc. What dismissive concepts for the vibrant, real people, for the beautiful caring intelligent people and doctors I have met.

I myself am, above all else, a mom who wants to be there for my children as long as possible, a person who loves the world and wants to be part of it, and a very conservative patient. I do not advise anyone else to follow exactly what I do unless you are me. :-)

But I know many people want to hear stories, and I believe in stories, and their collective power.

I will end with a copy of the email that I sent to my brilliant vascular doctor earlier today:

Good morning -- I am writing to say thank you, thank you thank you for giving me back my life one year ago today. I have had some definite ups and downs during the year -- I always do -- but there is no doubt that the CCSVI venoplasty you did made a major change in my multiple sclerosis. I haven't felt like this in so many years. And even with the stuff I've gone through this year, I believe the venoplasty gave me the room to recover better than ever. I am so grateful -- as a patient, as a parent, and just plain as a person.

Sometimes I imagine myself walking in and hugging you and everyone on your staff because I am so, so happy at how much better I have been this year, at how much better I feel. OK, so maybe in reality I'm still sitting in a wheelchair, and I won't be actually walking in to your facility anywhere except my imagination. But if I *can* actually imagine that, then this is a huge improvement over a year ago, when I could never have imagined such a thing, and all I saw in my future was a rapid downward spiral.

But I am now allowing myself to cautiously imagine that perhaps with enough time and nurturing and patience, it just . . . might . . . be . . . possible. Watch out, maybe someday I will walk in and surprise everyone! You have given me more than just relief from symptoms -- you have given me hope.

So thank you from me, and of course from my children. After all, if I remember right, I think they were the ones who actually gave us permission to go ahead with this procedure.

All the very best --

(bluesky63)

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Good to hear you are doing well Bluesky!!

Are you on any meds to keep the veins open and flowing?

Are you on any MS meds still?

x
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

beautiful :)
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Your words always move me.

(11 yrs not 12 yrs--I really can be a dolt)
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Happy tears for you.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Beautiful, bluesky....
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Thank you bluesky. It is nicer than nice to hear from you. Inimitable!
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Beautiful! You brought tears to my eyes. Praying for continued improvements for you, and imagining, along with you, for the day when you DO walk into your doctor's office.
msjen
Family Member

Post by msjen »

It's definitely been a journey. Your attitude is inspiring!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

and a blue true dream of sky

:)
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Thank you bluesky for such beautiful words.

Drury
newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

bluesky - you have touched so many of our lives with your words, inner beauty, positive attitude and determination. Thank you. Sincerely.
Nasti
Family Elder

Post by Nasti »

Thank you Bluesky for wording what I feel :) It is maybe a combination of stuff: CCSVI, LDN, pale relapses... but it sure feels like a cure to me as well! and the hope... priceless!!!
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thank you for sharing Bluesky! I can relate to the feelings of joy the recovery CCSVI treatment has brought us. Our kids have a better mom and I'm sure have learned some life lessons. I am hopeful for more recovery for you!!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

Really happy to hear you are ok Bluesky:-)