SCUBA Diving and CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

SCUBA Diving and CCSVI

Postby daniel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 am

I was wondering if anyone here is a diver and notices any changes to their symtoms from the pressure caused by underwater diving? I found a related post in another subform here: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-15312.html but it doesn't really address venous pressure
daniel
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Dragonfly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I just returned last night from a 5-day dive trip in Key West. I was treated by Dr. Sclafani in June, and specifically asked him about diving, knowing this trip would be after my treatment. He could think of no contraindications, and I had some great dives. I still feel great (thanks, Dr. Sclafani!).
Dragonfly
Getting to Know You...

Postby 1eye » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 am

I still think somebody ought to be trying hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a post angioplasty enhancement. I bet it would lower the risks of restenosis and thrombosis, and speed up the symptom improvements. You could even hope for more improvements but that would be a tough one to prove, and who would pay for that?
The bottom line on MS is,,. They don't know what causes it. So they can't treat it. And this BUGS THEM.

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)