green tea is neuroprotective in rats w intermittent hypoxia

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

green tea is neuroprotective in rats w intermittent hypoxia

Post by Cece »

www.newswise.com/articles/view/540745/
Researchers examined the effects green tea polyphenols (GTP), administered through drinking water, on rats who were intermittently deprived of oxygen during 12-hour "night" cycles, mimicking the intermittent hypoxia (IH) that humans with OSA experience.
The IH-rats that received the green tea-treated water performed significantly better in a water maze than the rats that drank plain water. "GTP-treated rats exposed to IH displayed significantly greater spatial bias for the previous hidden platform position, indicating that GTPs are capable of attenuating IH-induced spatial learning deficits," wrote Dr. Gozal, adding that GTPs "may represent a potential interventional strategy for patients" with sleep-disordered breathing.
This was a study that attempted to mimick OSA, or obstructive sleep apnea, but what the researchers did was induce hypoxia for 12 hours a day.

Depending on the status of our jugulars, some of us may have CCSVI that affects us most at night, when we're lying down and depending on our jugulars. So it is similar.

It is odd, I never run across similar positive research on diet coke polyphenols....
Rompers
Getting to Know You...

Post by Rompers »

Oh Cece, I do enjoy your wit!
...and my morning cup of green tea!
Procedure by DrS 5/3/11 SI
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

:)
A couple days ago, I started getting serious again about taking my green tea extract every morning. It was after Dr. Tucker mentioned in Dr. Sclafani's thread that, once the BBB heals, which is a wonderful thought, it might be a challenge to get the iron out through an intact BBB.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Cece,

I was on green-tea extract for 2-3 months and didn't notice any changes. Let us know what results (if any) you have. I'm a black tea tea-granny unfortunately.

PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html