Opening Pressures with LP's?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Opening Pressures with LP's?

Postby DrDiana » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Hello, my friends,

Many of us have lumbar punctures. If you know what any of your opening pressures were, can you please shoot it to me?

I have an idea!

Thanks so much,

:)
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
DrDiana
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 pm

I'll check to see if I have mine in my records. I definitely had an LP. :!:
Cece
Family Elder

Postby DrDiana » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:58 am

Cece wrote:I'll check to see if I have mine in my records. I definitely had an LP. :!:

Thank you so much, Cece! (and "ouch"). :)
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
DrDiana
Family Elder

Postby PointsNorth » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 am

At the time of my diagnosis my neurologists thought that LPs were of limited value due to high false neg/pos. Needless to say I did not have one. Let's just say I found a plausible reason not to have one.
Last edited by PointsNorth on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Postby DrDiana » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 am

PointsNorth wrote:At the time of my diagnosis my neurologists thought that LPs were of limited value due to high false neg/pos. Needless to say I did not have one.

Your docs were right, PointsNorth, but many folks had them anyway to look for the ol. bands. Some people know their opening pressures, some do not, but I'm on the look out for those who do!
Thanks so much,
:)
Dr. Diana

DrDiana
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)