Dr. Sandy McDonald Responds to University of Calgary

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

KateCW,

Speaking for myself: Although I am in a wheelchair (was it the bad fall I had or the MS that put me there??), I have been stable since 2003. Have never been a sickly person before my diagnosis (1996) or after. Also have not seen a neuro since 2001?? No meds since 2001 either – only tried three for the stiffness but had bad side effects. I also do not have many of the symptoms most have – headaches, fatigue, pain, etc. Touch wood I am doing better than some.

Why do I still believe in this treatment? Because I did my research and it seems like a viable option. Also, know of people it did work for. All remedies do not work for all bodies tho. I believe this procedure might be part of the puzzle and there is still more research to be done. I also have hope………have always been optimistic about this MS thing……….and having an eternally optimistic hubby helps. Also have two kids, a Mom, siblings, friends……….don’t want to be a downer all the time for their sakes…….not like that anyway. And no, I’m not the “Pollyanna life is great all the time” type either. Would rather believe in something like this than alot of the harmful drugs out there.

Have been seeing NUCCA chiros since last November – they’ve done wonders for me.

Hey Thekla, we think alike........ :D
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

I don`t think I could have said it better!!!! Way to go..............
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Music, can I ask what the NUCCA stuff is exactly?

Thanks, PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

PointsNorth,

NUCCA is upper cervical chiropractics – there is a thread here called “CCSVI and CCVBP” – this is where I found out about it. Has straightened me out quite a bit – not perfect but so far pretty darn good. First treatment there was a BIG change – only go once a month now.