life, death, and venoplasty

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

life, death, and venoplasty

Postby 1eye » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:56 am

If this procedure is prolonging life for MS patients, won't the statistics on mortality eventually reflect that, after enough procedures?

How about cardiac angioplasty for heart disease?
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: life, death, and venoplasty

Postby Cece » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 am

I don't think we yet know if the procedure will prolong lifespan or not for pwMS. One thing that comes to mind is if there is symptomatic improvement in swallowing/not choking.
Last edited by Cece on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 pm

I have had symptomatic improvements in lots of things. Dizziness also comes to mind, and cognition, if you don't want to admit the progression will kill you in lots of other ways. I firmly believe it prolongs life, and that insurance companies need only analyze the mortality stats after a couple of years of large numbers of procedures. The suicide rate may even go down!

I've been labelled as Secondary Progressive by the liars that hold the keys to insurance claims on DMDs. So if CCSVI is a hoax, how come I don't have trouble swallowing anymore? This is recent, more than a year after venoplasty. Selective remission? Maybe we need a few dozen more "phenotypes". :lol:
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby blossom » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 pm

we can be alive but not living. swallowing would for sure be a big plus to live life and want to continue on.
blossom
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:37 am

1eye wrote:
I've been labelled as Secondary Progressive by the liars that hold the keys to insurance claims on DMDs. So if CCSVI is a hoax, how come I don't have trouble swallowing anymore? This is recent, more than a year after venoplasty. Selective remission? Maybe we need a few dozen more "phenotypes". :lol:

Thanks for the late night giggles....
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)