Canadian TV Documentary about CCSVI - Urgent Request!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
allyMcG

Re: Canadian TV Documentary about CCSVI - Urgent Request!

Post by allyMcG »

Loreena2011 wrote:Hello,

My name is Loreena Weideman Buhl and I am currently doing online research for a Canadian TV documentary "The Italian Cure" about CCSVI/Liberation Therapy and I came across this forum for MS patients.

Would any participants be willing to let Zoot Pictures/Emma Pictures use your video testimonials and/or blogs?

This is the blurb from "The Italian Cure": The Italian Cure is a one hour documentary that delves into the science, controversy and drama around Liberation therapy, producedby Zoot Pictures Inc. in association with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to be broadcast on The Nature of Things in 2012.

Please take the time to verify the truth of this email at the following website, http://www.zootpictures.com/?s=inproduction.

I can be reached through my YouTube page or my personal email address - loreenawb@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and for your help.
Loreena
I am one of many still, "on wait mode" for this treatment. Was tested in September 2010 in Barrie, Ontario. Resuts showed limited blood flow in four of five veins, now the tingling in my feet & hands makes sense.
Excited after almost 30 years with RRMS, to finally get some idea what could contribute to my ill health. At one point we prepared a petition directed at Health Canada
requesting equality for all with CCSVI. Arteries are cleared on a very regular basis for cardio- vascular reasons & this is covered, why not for veins?

If we had the finances needed, I would travel to the US for angioplasty. Don't really think that we should have to.
Often angioplasty needs to be done more than once due to re-stenosis. This is why it needs to be done locally.
How long will we have to wait?

We know two men who have had angioplasty done, one has returned from an assisted living situaltion, to the work force. He has his life back.
Check the site, "angioplasty for all."
Not a cure, but the best treatment to date. Normal blood flow is important.

I would do just about anything to get this treatment. Before & after video, just call me.

Lorna McGann
write me @lnr2@rogers.com
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

mark123 wrote:Need to be careful about not calling it a cure too, as it may just be that for people in the early stages.

It's still early days, nobody can claim it to be a cure or not to be cure, for people in the early stages it looks very hopeful to be a cure to me.
good point
allyMcG

Post by allyMcG »

Loreena2011 wrote:Hello,

My name is Loreena Weideman Buhl and I am currently doing online research for a Canadian TV documentary "The Italian Cure" about CCSVI/Liberation Therapy and I came across this forum for MS patients.

Would any participants be willing to let Zoot Pictures/Emma Pictures use your video testimonials and/or blogs?

This is the blurb from "The Italian Cure": The Italian Cure is a one hour documentary that delves into the science, controversy and drama around Liberation therapy, producedby Zoot Pictures Inc. in association with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to be broadcast on The Nature of Things in 2012.

Please take the time to verify the truth of this email at the following website, http://www.zootpictures.com/?s=inproduction.

I can be reached through my YouTube page or my personal email address - loreenawb@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and for your help.
Loreena
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Loreena,

CCSVI is just one "piece of the puzzle" when it comes to Multiple Sclerosis, it is definitely NOT A CURE.

Dr. Zamboni NEVER called the procedure a cure, the MEDIA put that spin on it. If you truly are interested in portraying CCSVI in an impartial light, then YOU need to do PLENTY of reading and research to get up to speed. Joan Beal's suggestions for doing that are excellent, Marie's book is exceptional and most TIMS members would be delighted to give you additional links to a mountain of research.

Without you personally delving into this and doing your own reading, you will not even scratch the surface of what has happened in just 3 short years in CCSVI.

I have never been a fan of the name "Liberation Treatment" because again, it's a headline grabbing gimmick, just like using the word "Cure". The challenge the "Italian" doctor, Professor Zamboni put out to the medical/research community was, "Research, research, research. HE did not ask for all the clinics to spring up and start providing angioplasty. To the contrary, he has asked that you only pursue treatment in a Clinical Trial at this time. There is STILL so much to learn.

On a personal note, I had my MRI & MRV done at Stanford in March of 2010 and Professor Michael Dake read them for me. I was diagnosed with malformed valves. As of today, December, 2011, I have not sought out a physician to perform angioplasty. It if foremost on my mind, but I am still reading & following along with the research, it’s fascinating and unfolding at a tolerable rate. FUNDING is what would help!!!!

"The Italian Cure": The Italian Cure is a one hour documentary that delves into the science, controversy and drama around Liberation therapy.

I shudder when I read your title, yes, there has been drama, and controversy, but it is not the best part of the story, the RESEARCH is. I beg of you to do your homework on CCSVI, and not just a “pretty little piece of journalism”.

Most respectfully to you, Loreena, may you find many willing TIMS members
DARYLSWAIN

Post by DARYLSWAIN »

mark123 wrote:Need to be careful about not calling it a cure too, as it may just be that for people in the early stages.

It's still early days, nobody can claim it to be a cure or not to be cure, for people in the early stages it looks very hopeful to be a cure to me.
WE DO NOT REALLY KNOW....WITH ALL THE POISONS THEY ARE USING ON M.S. EVREY SINCE MY CCSVI TREATMENT 18 MONTHS AGO ...I STOPPED ALL THE DRUGS AND FEEL GREAT...FIX THE BLOOD FLOW ISSUE