DR HUBBARD EXPLAINS...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

DR HUBBARD EXPLAINS...

Post by dania »

MrSuccess
Family Elder

Re: DR HUBBARD EXPLAINS...

Post by MrSuccess »

this is why MrSuccess has suggested Dr.Hubbard as the official spokesperson
for the advancement of CCSVI .... he speaks clearly ..... with confidence .... and
with humility .....and best of all ..... Dr.Hubbard is a NEUROLOGIST. :-D

MrSuccess
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I always maintained that venous insufficiency did not stop at the neck. I like how Dr Hubbard explains it is thru out the body. What happens with varicose veins is no different than what happens with the veins in the neck.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

thank you :!:
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

dania wrote:I always maintained that venous insufficiency did not stop at the neck. I like how Dr Hubbard explains it is thru out the body. What happens with varicose veins is no different than what happens with the veins in the neck.
When what happens with varicose veins happens in the neck, it is the 'Doepp' version of venous insufficiency, where ineffective valves let flow through in either direction.

(In varicose veins, the valves weaken and stop closing altogether, so that they are ineffective at moving blood upwards. In CCSVI, valves are too thickened and do not let flow pass.)

If something can go wrong in the body, there is someone out there in whom it has gone wrong. Immune system? Yep, that can go wrong. Valves in the veins of your legs? Yep, that can go wrong. Valves in the veins of your neck? Yep, that can go wrong too. There is nothing so small or large in the human body that it cannot go wrong. I counted the fingers and toes of my newborns, but I did not count their jugular valves.....
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Cece wrote:In varicose veins, the valves weaken and stop closing altogether, so that they are ineffective at moving blood upwards. In CCSVI, valves are too thickened and do not let flow pass
To the best of my understanding, the valves don't move blood upwards. When they function correctly, the valves prevent blood from flowing backwards and pooling up in the veins. What does move the blood is compression of the vein by skeletal muscle. Unlike arteries, veins cannot contract to move blood. When people are inmobile or do not move around enough, the blood can pool up in the veins and this can lead to failure of the valves.
[color=blue]The Mayo Clinic[/color] wrote:Arteries carry blood from your heart to the rest of your tissues. Veins return blood from the rest of your body to your heart, so the blood can be recirculated. To return blood to your heart, the veins in your legs must work against gravity. Muscle contractions in your lower legs act as pumps, and elastic vein walls help blood return to your heart. Tiny valves in your veins open as blood flows toward your heart then close to stop blood from flowing backward.
NHE
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks, yes, that was what I meant but it was not what I said!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”