Dr. Makris in Chicago

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
anamishguy
Family Member

Dr. Makris in Chicago

Post by anamishguy »

Has anyone heard from anyone else having been treated by Dr. Makris in Chicago? I am close to 10 months post-procedure and have not heard much about him for quite some time.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Makris in Chicago

Post by Donnchadh »

anamishguy wrote:Has anyone heard from anyone else having been treated by Dr. Makris in Chicago? I am close to 10 months post-procedure and have not heard much about him for quite some time.
After Medicare started to refuse venoplasty treatments for "MS" I lost contact with him. Medicare won't even pay for post-op follow up ultrasounds and office visits. The ultrasound technician does first rate work.

I wonder how many private insurance companies are following Medicare's decision?

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
anamishguy
Family Member

Post by anamishguy »

Donnchadh wrote:
anamishguy wrote:Has anyone heard from anyone else having been treated by Dr. Makris in Chicago? I am close to 10 months post-procedure and have not heard much about him for quite some time.
After Medicare started to refuse venoplasty treatments for "MS" I lost contact with him. Medicare won't even pay for post-op follow up ultrasounds and office visits. The ultrasound technician does first rate work.

I wonder how many private insurance companies are following Medicare's decision?

Donnchadh
My private insurance will not cover any part of it either. I am thinking of going for a follow up u/s in march, that will be my 1 year anniversary. The last time I checked the u/s was $250 for self-pay. I am curious where my flow is at one year post-procedure. I am still feeling good and this would be a nice anniversary gift to myself.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Happy CCSVI anniversary, anamishguy. :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”