Treatment by Dr Amir

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
KHL
Getting to Know You...

Treatment by Dr Amir

Post by KHL »

Had my first appointment with Dr Amir on Thursday and thought I would update you all on what happened and what is still happening. Having previously had an impression taken, my bespoke brace was waiting for me when I got to Amirs surgery. During the appointment I was shown how to adjust it daily and after an interesting conversation with Amir I was free to go! Amir tells me that my problem is my lower jaw but that that problem is being caused by the upper jaw so that’s where the initial brace is being placed. The brace has to remain in at all times except for eating and when making the daily adjustment. It doesn’t hurt and isn’t uncomfortable but its taking a while to be able to talk normally with it in! I wasn’t expecting any miracles or anything to happen instantly but… the next day I managed to walk more steadily. My balance is back to what it was (post CCSVI treatment) having begun to slip. I can’t begin to explain how or what is happening but something sure is. My painful hip is hurting much less which is not something I had anticipated at all but is a welcome benefit. My next appointment with Amir is on the 24th. Haven’t felt quite this good since immediately after CCSVI procedure.
Amir
Family Elder

Re: Treatment by Dr Amir

Post by Amir »

KHL wrote:Had my first appointment with Dr Amir on Thursday and thought I would update you all on what happened and what is still happening. Having previously had an impression taken, my bespoke brace was waiting for me when I got to Amirs surgery. During the appointment I was shown how to adjust it daily and after an interesting conversation with Amir I was free to go! Amir tells me that my problem is my lower jaw but that that problem is being caused by the upper jaw so that’s where the initial brace is being placed. The brace has to remain in at all times except for eating and when making the daily adjustment. It doesn’t hurt and isn’t uncomfortable but its taking a while to be able to talk normally with it in! I wasn’t expecting any miracles or anything to happen instantly but… the next day I managed to walk more steadily. My balance is back to what it was (post CCSVI treatment) having begun to slip. I can’t begin to explain how or what is happening but something sure is. My painful hip is hurting much less which is not something I had anticipated at all but is a welcome benefit. My next appointment with Amir is on the 24th. Haven’t felt quite this good since immediately after CCSVI procedure.
Karen
It is wonderful news that you have regained your balance back to what it was post CCSVI treatment. This is very profound for many where relapses have taken place after CCSVI treatment.