Dr. Hubbard at ISNVD

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Dr. Hubbard at ISNVD

Post by Cece »

https://twitter.com/#!/CCSVI_Society

This is in regards to Dr. Hubbard's perfusion studies, with fMRI done pre- and post-venoplasty.

MS patients had half the healthy control flow volumes in gray and white matter!! Yikes.

I thought it significant that after venoplasty, the flow only increase slightly. The perfusion may move to different areas and even locally decrease?? I had heard from someone who after venoplasty had experienced many new lesions in a different part of the brain (back/brainstem, when all previous lesions were in the front). This might be the explanation: a local decrease in perfusion in that area of the brain, even if perfusion increased overall? Or is there a better explanation? Checking for restenosis of the veins is always top of the list, as is remaining under neurologist care and DMD if that is prescribed.

I wonder how soon the changes in perfusion were measured post-venoplasty, and how long it takes heparin to get out of the system. The changes in perfusion are also not all immediate, but can take a day or two.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”