MY BI-LATERAL VEIN BYPASS SURGERY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: MY BI-LATERAL VEIN BYPASS SURGERY

Postby dania » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:19 am

Just had lunch and for the first time in years I was hungry and gobbling my food down.
Plus I was not falling into my plate!
dania
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 am

Improvement in appetite was a surprising one for me too! It is wonderful. Not falling into your plate must be better balance and core strength? Really great to hear all this. Keep the reports coming.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby dania » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I was trying to figure out what my body is feeling since having vein bypass surgery, how to express it. It is as if this disease "MS" is going in reverse!
But the most amazing thing is that THE SYMPTOMS are reversing at a faster speed then they came on.
Hope that makes sense.
dania
Family Elder

Postby munchkin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:55 am

That is so wonderful to hear, keep healing and hopefully you will go back to where you were after the first procedure.
munchkin
Family Elder

Postby dania » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 am

My MS hug is LESS. Not gone but it is definitely easier to breath. And I was able to take clothes from the washing machine and dryer without using those long handled pincers.
dania
Family Elder

Postby DougL » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 am

nice to hear dania.

i hope you are saying/showing these things to your doctor as well. if they see the improvements maybe they will agree to followup care.
DougL
Family Elder

Postby dania » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:02 am

Mine thinks it's the placebo effect. He wants to see people maintain the improvements for over 6 months.
dania
Family Elder

Postby DougL » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 am

dania wrote:Mine thinks it's the placebo effect.

so sad. i hope things change in the future.
DougL
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 am

Congratulations Dania, what an epic tale.
I am heartily encouraged as I have taken a very bad turn for the worse during my latest pregnancy so will do anything to try to restore some function. I hope the improvements continue.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby dania » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

gibbledygook wrote:Congratulations Dania, what an epic tale.
I am heartily encouraged as I have taken a very bad turn for the worse during my latest pregnancy so will do anything to try to restore some function. I hope the improvements continue.

If I can help you in any way, just ask. My EDSS score by a neuro the day before surgery was 8. And he believes in CCSVI. And seen for himself how patients get better after angio, vein patch surgery and now vein bypass surgery. Anyway we can get the blood flowing and keep it flowing.
dania
Family Elder

Postby dania » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 am

This from Deirdre who had the vein patch surgery (not vein bypass) by Dr Hernandez.
Comment by Carnegie, Deirdre Diana

I had re - stenois on both sides three times. As for the stent which disolves it does not exist as of yet. I had the Jsa and in my case it was life altering. I did not have the time for something new to come out as I was progressing at an alarming rate. At least for now people with ms have options which can give a temporary or permanent fix. I have been watching over the last few years and watching different people take control of treatment of there MS becoming strong of advocates for themselves no longer being victimized by a disease or a medical system. Today we are the pioneers of our time and hopefully in the future those to follow will have a super highway to treatment
dania
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 am

So that's why she was able to have a vein patch! Her veins weren't occluded, so there was vein to work with.
Until the angioplasty procedure is standardized and perfected, we won't know if restenosis after angioplasty is due to failure of angioplasty, perhaps due to too small of angioplasty balloons, or if this is a procedure like some other vein procedures that needs to be repeated. What a difficulty repeat procedures are for people who are paying out-of-pocket. My two procedures were covered by insurance, so I wouldn't be opposed to having a third if needed. It's a tremendous hardship on people in Canada or people uninsured or underinsured anywhere.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby dania » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm

So, today something that I am now able to do is use a knife and fork at the same time to cut something. My left hand is now strong enough to hold the fork and strong enough to press it into the meat. I burst into tears upon discovering this. BLOOD FLOW, BLOOD FLOW, BLOOD FLOW. No matter which way it is achieved angioplasty, vein patch surgery, vein bypass surgery, who cares. As long as it is long lasting.
dania
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm so happy for you! Keep the updates coming!!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby munchkin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:37 pm

That's wonderful news, you will keep getting stronger.
munchkin
Family Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)