Third CCSVI treatment tomorrow

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Re: Third CCSVI treatment tomorrow

Postby civickiller » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:21 pm

i wish you the best of luck but its almost seeming like the ccsvi surgery is just a bandaid as it seems to be for most so far

we need to find the cause
civickiller
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby muse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Rhonda, I hope it’s not to late to watch the ISNVD vids from Dr. Diana, brilliant stuff especially part 2!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bK_O5LN ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jjxVWqD_tE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgNsK4jc ... e=youtu.be
Please google the symptoms of a vagus nerve compression and the name Dr. Peter Jennetta as well and perhaps you will get some more answers like I've got.;-) Best Arne
muse
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 am

All went well. Dr. McGuckin is such a caring, smart and funny guy. I'm in recovery.
Must lie flat for 4 hours. I'll give details as soon as I can.
Until we have the time and research to determine the best treatment, I am happy
I have such good doctors who continue learning from all of us. Yes, we may need
multiple treatments, but the recovery I have had is well worth it.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby DougL » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 am

thanks for the update.

good luck!
DougL
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:02 am

So, he went in and found that my left iliac had a 50% blockage. Last time it was 70%, I believe. He placed a large 20mm stent there. Next, he studied the left renal vein. It was 70% blocked. Last time it was 80%, I believe. He stented that vein too with a 14mm stent. He said the drainage was really prompt afterwards and he was pleased. The azygous was 70% blocked again in the candy cane section and he used a 7mm balloon there. Last time he used an 8mm balloon and I had tons of pain. This time he said I did not react and I have no discomfort there now. He checked my jugs and the right was perfect. My stents are still beautiful, the best he's ever seen :). The left was only 20% blocked at the valve and he chose to balloon it with a 14. Thankfully that was it. He gave me much more sedation this time and I don't remember much at all.
I was extremely sore yesterday where the iliac was stented. Today, I feel pretty good. My husband said he thinks I look really good today. He said after my last procedure with McGuckin I was in a lot more discomfort and it took at least a week to get moving. I feel like I could be up and around today, but I will take the weekend to rest.
That's my update. I really had no idea what would be the outcome of this treatment, but I knew that because of the return of symptoms and especially the new lesion, I had to do it. I don't know what to think of the new lesion? Would any of the blockages I had create a scenario in which a lesion could be generated? Opinions???
I am hopeful for a good recovery. I'll judge over the next several weeks if I've had more improvement.
I'd love to know what you guys think.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
magoo
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 pm

By the candy cane section, you mean the stick of the candy cane, not the arch, right? Sometimes it naturally narrows in that area. That would've been nice to have ivus images, to see what's going on and what's being ballooned and why it's coming back.

With the azygous, iliac and renal all significantly blocked, cerebrospinal drainage would be slowed, but it would seem to be more likely to affect the spine than the brain. If the jugulars were draining healthily into the innominate vein, there's no azygous/iliac/renal vein flow in that route, and the brain should be drained appropriately, shouldn't it? Are both jugulars of normal size? The vertebral plexus can drain into the azygous so it could be that flow was slowed there, affecting the brain drainage that way. And it's possible the 20% blockage in the jugular was causing reflux, but that seems minor compared to what was going on in the lower veins.

It still fits the pattern of restenosis before MS relapse or new lesions. So if the veins stay open, you should be in the clear. All best wishes.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 pm

I meant the arch. Both jugulars are normal size.
You understand the flow better than I. The doctors thought the problem would be jugular related. The 20% does not seem significant. Dr. Dake will be comparing my MRIs. I am wondering if the lesion really is new. He will know for sure. Doesn't seem like a mistake the radiologist would make, but you never know?
CCSVI is FAR from being understood. The one thing I know is that it definitely helps me when the blood is flowing properly. I will update as I notice changes. The one thing I can say right now is the ache at the base of my skull is gone. Let's hope for good!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Postby DIR » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:50 pm

wish you the best of luck! Let us know how everything goes for you!
DIR
Getting to Know You...

Postby Flashover81 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Wish you a speedy recovery. It would be interesting to know if the leision is new or not, and if it responds to the procedure. Best of luck. Jimmy.
Flashover81
Family Member

Postby magoo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Thank you. I hadn't even considered the lesion reacting or healing because of the treatment this time. But, my MRI was improved prior to this latest scan and I know of others who have had their lesions disappear after ccsvi treatment. If this new lesion reacts to the treatment I will be thrilled!!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 am

It's been two weeks since my third treatment. I feel amazing! This time I feel even lighter and more energetic. I have no symptoms now. There is something different about this time. Even though I felt relief after the previous treatments, this time I feel incredible. I've been sleeping less and doing more. Maybe there is something to the treatment of May Thurners and The Nutcracker Syndrome??? I am going to enjoy every minute of this feeling and hope it lasts!!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Postby dlynn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am

magoo, this is really great news. I'm considering having treatment again just for "Nutcracker Syndrome". My Dr. found
it (NS) during my last procedure. We'll discuss it at my follow-up next month. Do your legs feel any stronger? Mine are so weak and heavy. All the best to you!
dlynn
Family Elder

Postby magoo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:57 am

Yes, my legs feel lighter and I haven't had any shooting pains or stiffness in my calves.
All the best to you too!!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Postby dlynn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:37 pm

magoo, this is such helpful information. I've been dealing with shooting pains in my legs and calf pain for about four years.
This NS might be to blame. I've been researching it and the symptoms sound like mine.
thanks again!
dlynn
Family Elder

Postby Flashover81 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Great news. Glad your results were positive, and I also hope it lasts.
Flashover81
Family Member

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)