HERE I GO AGAIN

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby dania » Tue May 22, 2012 3:04 pm

So here is the scoop. I had another CT scan. After reviewing it (which I had zero blood flow now after my vein bypass, Dr H does not know why) Dr H devised a new strategy to drain the blood from my brain using one of my vertebral veins and also making the conduit much larger in diameter. He said I am suffering from a form of superior vena cava syndrome much more than other patients, That I already knew. I had all the classic symptoms. So surgery tomorrow. He said he cannot promise me anything but at least he is willing to try. So here I go again.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Advertisement

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby FLJhawk » Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Wow, good luck Dania! Hope all goes well.
FLJhawk
Family Elder
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby Cece » Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Is he doing a patch angioplasty on one of your vertebral veins?
Oh what if you lose a vertebral vein.

I am really really sorry to hear about the CT scan showing no flow in the jugulars. I hope he is able to salvage them somehow. Or that you change your mind and not risk any more procedures, if your veins don't respond well to them.

Best wishes, of course, for smooth sailing through the procedure and through the recovery ahead.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby dania » Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Cece wrote:Is he doing a patch angioplasty on one of your vertebral veins?
Oh what if you lose a vertebral vein.

I am really really sorry to hear about the CT scan showing no flow in the jugulars. I hope he is able to salvage them somehow. Or that you change your mind and not risk any more procedures, if your veins don't respond well to them.

Best wishes, of course, for smooth sailing through the procedure and through the recovery ahead.

He is taking my remaining saphoneous vein enlarging it with a patch to 18mm. Jugulars are 12mm. And from what I understand is going to be draining my jugular through 1 of my vertebral veins. He thinks it will help my particular problem, vena cava syndrome symptoms. I was the first bypass and now he cleans the veins of the valves and puts a patch on the widen the diameter. All those patients have responded well. He thinks my vein might of been too narrow, 9mm, and that might have been the problem.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby David1949 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Dania I wish you the very best. I pray you have a successful procedure.
David1949
Family Elder
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby drsclafani » Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 pm

dania wrote:
Cece wrote:Is he doing a patch angioplasty on one of your vertebral veins?
Oh what if you lose a vertebral vein.

I am really really sorry to hear about the CT scan showing no flow in the jugulars. I hope he is able to salvage them somehow. Or that you change your mind and not risk any more procedures, if your veins don't respond well to them.

Best wishes, of course, for smooth sailing through the procedure and through the recovery ahead.

He is taking my remaining saphoneous vein enlarging it with a patch to 18mm. Jugulars are 12mm. And from what I understand is going to be draining my jugular through 1 of my vertebral veins. He thinks it will help my particular problem, vena cava syndrome symptoms. I was the first bypass and now he cleans the veins of the valves and puts a patch on the widen the diameter. All those patients have responded well. He thinks my vein might of been too narrow, 9mm, and that might have been the problem.




the consensus among my many vascular surgical colleagues is that thrombosis would likely be the outcome of these types of surgery.

dania, this seems way out there. Do you have any publications describing this technique and the outcomes of treatments?

best to you

DrS
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Patient contact: ccsviliberation@gmail.com
User avatar
drsclafani
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby LR1234 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:11 am

Hi dr sclafani
I lost my left jugular 2 years ago and there are still no collaterals.
If surgery is too risky and likely to clot again are there any other options?
Synthetic veins? Or can a vein transplant from someone else be an option?

Dania i hope this works for you. I am so so sorry you have had to go through all this to try and get well.
I totally understand why you have to do it and i hope you get better with good blood flow x x
LR1234
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: California

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby dania » Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 am

drsclafani wrote:
dania wrote:
Cece wrote:Is he doing a patch angioplasty on one of your vertebral veins?
Oh what if you lose a vertebral vein.

I am really really sorry to hear about the CT scan showing no flow in the jugulars. I hope he is able to salvage them somehow. Or that you change your mind and not risk any more procedures, if your veins don't respond well to them.

Best wishes, of course, for smooth sailing through the procedure and through the recovery ahead.

He is taking my remaining saphoneous vein enlarging it with a patch to 18mm. Jugulars are 12mm. And from what I understand is going to be draining my jugular through 1 of my vertebral veins. He thinks it will help my particular problem, vena cava syndrome symptoms. I was the first bypass and now he cleans the veins of the valves and puts a patch on the widen the diameter. All those patients have responded well. He thinks my vein might of been too narrow, 9mm, and that might have been the problem.



the consensus among my many vascular surgical colleagues is that thrombosis would likely be the outcome of these types of surgery.

dania, this seems way out there. Do you have any publications describing this technique and the outcomes of treatments?

best to you

DrS

If you want to get in touch with Dr Hernandez call 1-800-211-0690. He is the expert. A cardiothorassic and vascular surgeon.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby deirdrec » Thu May 24, 2012 2:28 pm

I had this same surgery done by Dr. Hernandez and it is working great! I was one of the lucky ones who did NOT have many therapeutic CCSVI angioplasty's done and my internal jugulars were not completely destroyed and scared. Dr. Hernandez had something to work with in surgery to help me.
deirdrec
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby Cece » Thu May 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Have you heard from dania, deirdrec? How did the surgery go?
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby deirdrec » Thu May 24, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't know how this person is doing but once again I think we of the non-medical profession should stop trying to explain surgeries and procedures in medical terms. It is giving out the wrong information and might get in the hands of some not so great doctors. Dr. Hernandez will be the one to present his work when he is ready to. I have yet to try and explain the surgeries I have had because I know I would do disservice to what was done. Please be aware there are alot of not so great doctors out there who have lined there pockets with the money of desperate people.
deirdrec
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby moguel » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

Dear Dania.
I don't know and of course you don't know me but please think twice about this operation.
I am Dr. Moguel from The Clinics of the Heart.
I have treated successfully several patients with totally occluded left jugular vein because of thrombus. I have failed one in ten.

If you want I can send you a recent publication I did with this issue.

We have thought on this because we receive patients with left jugular thrombosis after the liberation treatment but our surgeons don't have good expectations because the venous conduits tend to occlusions even when used to by-pass high velocity flow conditions such as the coronaries, other arteries or in cases for arterio venous fístula for hemodialysis. More possible occlusions can be expected to by-pass vein to vein which has low velocity flow.

I am not inviting you to come for treatment but to please think twice about this surgery in which you are sacrificing a possible good vein.

My e-mail is cathboss@gmail.com
moguel
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 am

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby Cece » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 pm

I believe she has already had the repeat bypass done on the 23rd.
Would love an update, dania, if you stop by.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby LR1234 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Dr Moguel,
What treatment do you do to treat those with totally occluded left jugular?
I have this now but I am thinking of removing the vein totally as no collaterals are growing and I think maybe removing the vein might encourage my body to grow some!
The vein is occluded all the way up until the base of brain but the brain veins are ok.

Any ideas of how this can be treated?


Dania, I hope the operation went well. I will feel much better when we hear from you. Please write when you can.
Last edited by LR1234 on Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LR1234
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: California

Re: HERE I GO AGAIN

Postby moguel » Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi, please write to my e-mail so I can send you a PDF with the method as it published in the Radiology Journal of Mexico.
My e-mail: cathboss@gmail.com
moguel
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 am

Next

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users