are the neurologists thawing??

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

are the neurologists thawing??

Post by Cece »

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hiihoo/ccsvi/right ... normal.jpg
I read the last line on this slide, which comes from a presentation by Dr. Arslan at Rush University in Chicago that is up on ccsvi.org.

"Her neurologist now routinely refers select patients."

This must be a neurologist in Chicago? I can't think what the neurologist's selection process would be considering that there is no data yet to say who will respond to CCSVI treatment, but it is great news. Neurologists are seeing their patients benefit from CCSVI treatment. This cannot be the only neurologist who has now come so far as to refer patients to a CCSVI IR. It's a sign of progress, however slow.
tiltawhirl
Family Elder

Re: are the neurologists thawing??

Post by tiltawhirl »

Hmmmm...

:lol:

tilt
...and I for one, welcome our new Neurologist overlords!

My before and after CCSVI treatment video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhosV4_DvWw
Visit my Lego Amusement Rides website http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Bolliger
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I think it's more a case of being cautious of something new. I think it is now - four - years out , that CCSVI and the possible link to MS ..... is out front and leading the pack.

We must remember this : CCSVI was apparently NOT studied or accepted as having anything to do with MS ..... to the Neurologists in training [ or practicing ] up until our beloved Dr.Zamboni presented his CCSVI theory to the medical world in 2008.

As mentioned , CCSVI has evolved from pwMS reporting anecdotes of improvements ..... to now having the medical profession sharing their research results.

And as with Dr.Zamboni's ORIGINAL65 pwMS ...... the reported results are stunning .

MrSuccess
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

love the picture, tilt

MrSuccess, yes, the reported results are stunning. It would be beneficial to the research to get neurologist involvement. And Dr. Dake has a neurologist onboard with his study now, if reports are to be believed, and it was CCSVI Alliance that helped bring Dr. Dake and the neurologist together at an event. So, that also seems like thawing. I don't know how Dr. Zamboni found his Dr. Salvi, but then that was before any controversy!
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

Cece - I think it was you that first observed that CCSVI reports have now crossed over from pwMS giving anecdotal reports ...... to what is now trickling in ..... medical professionals offering observational reports ..... that give CCSVI substance and traction.

After FOUR years of CCSVI ...... it appears [ to MrSuccess ] that the Rule of Thirds is best described when it comes to CCSVI .

One third report strong improvement of MS symptoms for the BETTER.

One third report mild improvements in their MS symptoms.

One third report no improvements at all. To this .....MrSuccess would like to add the word " YET" . As CCSVI knowledge advances ..... I expect this category to reduce in size.

As for Neurologist's ...... CCSVI is now front and centre .... for them to accept ..... or reject . They had it easy at first .... dismissing the idea brought to them by their patients.

But now ...... they have to do battle with people every bit as educated as they are. :twisted: And the results they publish.

MrSuccess
msscooter
Family Member

Post by msscooter »

Agree with you MrSuccess. I am finding more neurologists who are seeing patients improve and are impressed. Want more...
I have been MSsooter but need to change my name after libration. Don't use a scooter anymore! I am LaFemmeMSketeer!
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I'm for keeping them on ice. :-)
tiltawhirl
Family Elder

Post by tiltawhirl »

David1949 wrote:I'm for keeping them on ice. :-)
10/10 David. Good thing new keyboards are cheap.

tilt
...and I for one, welcome our new Neurologist overlords!

My before and after CCSVI treatment video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhosV4_DvWw
Visit my Lego Amusement Rides website http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Bolliger
msscooter
Family Member

Post by msscooter »

My family doc says of neurologists, "we don't need 'em, that is why they are freaking out over this whole CCSVI thing"
I have been MSsooter but need to change my name after libration. Don't use a scooter anymore! I am LaFemmeMSketeer!
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

msscooter wrote:My family doc says of neurologists, "we don't need 'em, that is why they are freaking out over this whole CCSVI thing"
:-D

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”