Neurotherapeutics journal

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Neurotherapeutics journal

Post by HappyPoet »

The January, 2013 issue of the journal "Neurotherapeutics" (1st link) will be dedicated to MS and will be guest-edited by Dr. Rohit Bakshi who "previously served as Neurology Residency Program Director and Neuroimaging Fellowship Program Director at the University at Buffalo-SUNY." (2nd link) Maybe Dr. Bakshi knows or knows of Dr. Zivadinov at BNAC.

http://www.springer.com/biomed/neurosci ... rnal/13311
http://www.drbakshi.com

The following description of the journal seems tailor-made for CCSVI. Perhaps someone could contact the journal and/or Dr. Bakshi about including CCSVI in the upcoming MS edition?
Neurotherapeutics® is the journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics (ASENT). Each issue provides critical reviews of an important topic relating to the treatment of neurological disorders, written by international authorities. The Journal also includes original research articles in translational neuroscience including descriptions of cutting edge therapies that cross disciplinary lines and represent important contributions to neurotherapeutics for medical practitioners and other researchers in the field. Neurotherapeutics ® delivers a multidisciplinary perspective on the frontiers of translational neuroscience, provides perspectives on current research and practice, and covers social and ethical as well as scientific issues.

Future Issue Themes

January 2012 - Neurointensive Care
Guest Editors: Jonathan Rosand (MGH) and Kevin N. Sheth (UMD)

April 2012 - Animal Models of Neurological Disorders
Guest Editors: Marie Francoise Chesselet and S. Tom Carmichael (UCLA)

July 2012 - Update in ADHD Neurotherapeutics
Guest Editor: July Schweitzer (UC Davis) and Keith McBurnett (UCSF)

October 2012 - Sleep
Guest Editors: Emmanuel Mignot and Raphael Pelayo (Stanford)

January 2013 - Multiple Sclerosis
Guest Editor: Rohit Bakshi (BWH/Harvard)
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Neurotherapeutics journal

Post by Cece »

Very nice! I thought I'd heard the name Bakshi before and it turns out I have!
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p135971
This was cheer posting two years ago about Dr. Bakshi speaking at the University of Ferrera about how his decade-long research on iron deposition in MS has intertwined with Dr. Zamboni's research.

Here's a transcript of Dr. Bakshi's speech at the University of Ferrera.
http://www.ccsviitalia.org/bakshi.html
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

good find and good idea happypoet!
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Cece, thanks! Each edition has 15-20 articles, so hopefully some will be about CCSVI. :)

Blossom, I thought you might post because we know how much you love the word "multidisciplinary." ;) :)
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

yep, happypoet i do like the word. and, just as these symptoms someone decided to call ms and put us all in one basket that has harmed each one of us because "we are individuals". i refer to it as the "bastard child disease"--they really don't know who the daddy is so they figured if they put a name to these symptoms we could all be one big happy family. no real need to keep looking for the daddy. it has a name now! we'll just feed the little bastard the same thing "drugs". they lost sight of us as individuals and a multidisciplinary approach not just in treating but in looking for the correct cause.

and, now, we are learning-at least in the ccsvi world and ccvbp world--that this "bastard child ms" seems to have " bastard child cousins" called parkinsons, possibly als and the family tree is growing.

yep, to control the "bastard child disease" we need multidisciplinary approach. --- might have a problem getting the name of my disease in the medical books "bastard child" .

but, for sure, we need multi walks of dr.'s and a multidisciplinary approachs for this "bastard child disease" oh, politically correct would be "ms."

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”