HEALING CONTINUES AFTER OPEN JUGULAR VEIN RECONSTRUCTION

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
deirdrec
Getting to Know You...

HEALING CONTINUES AFTER OPEN JUGULAR VEIN RECONSTRUCTION

Post by deirdrec »

I had my first Open INTERNAL JUGULAR VEIN RECONSTRUCTION on my left side after it was determined that the vein had restenosised and could no longer be angioed. This was the start of a journey that changed my life. Thanks to Dr.Hernandez, and his team of doctors I was given the opportunity to partake in this amazing surgery. In April I returned to have the right side done. This is keeping the blood flow going. For both sides I had multiple blocks and this was the most efficient and effective way for me to have this fixed. I am very fortunate that by doing this it appears to have put my ms on hold. I have gone from being numb from the waist down to being able to walk and even run. The fogging is gone and I now have 20/20 vision. I no longer slurr my speech and my hands are now capable with no numbness. With this type of surgery there is follow up and monitoring even if it is long distance. For me this was the next logical step in the CCSVI treatment.
blossom
Family Elder

Re: HEALING CONTINUES AFTER OPEN JUGULAR VEIN RECONSTRUCTION

Post by blossom »

this is very good to hear. healing thoughts sent your way for a continued permanent recovery. thanks for shareing your experience and dr. h's skills and ability in this much needed area of the ccsvi arena. --makes me wonder how many previous ccsvi pioneers are roaming around with permantly scarred veins. and because of their physical condition or financal situation are really in a jam now.

regardless your update is great news and you and dania and the others that are good enough to share your experience at "EXCEL" AND "DR. HERNANDEZ" IS MUCH APPRECIATED!
dania
Family Elder

Re: HEALING CONTINUES AFTER OPEN JUGULAR VEIN RECONSTRUCTION

Post by dania »

So very happy for you!