Annette Funicello

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
oreo
Family Elder

Annette Funicello

Post by oreo »

A must watch for those who remember her from way back when:

Saturday October 6 at 7:00pm - CTV

W5 takes an exclusive and intimate look at the reclusive life of one-time starlet Annette Funicello. Annette’s Story features her husband and caretaker, Glen Holt, as he lifts the curtain on the cruel and devastating effects that MS has had on his wife, and reveals his quest to fund research into a controversial treatment.
Carpe Diem
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Annette Funicello

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks for posting, Oreo--
it's going to be a tough program to watch, but Annette and her wonderful caretaker and husband, Glen Holt, want this story told. Here's a preview with reporter Avis Favaro.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=7775 ... d=1.810401

The program can be viewed around the world on the W5 website soon after broadcast tonight.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Very good of her to share her story. I'll be watching once it's on the web.
patticake66
Family Member

Post by patticake66 »

I don't get it...why would anyone, especially those of us afflicted with MS, want to watch a person slowly deteriorating, actually dying in a painful, horrible way? Move on people....no wonder depression is so prevalent with this disease. What good is watching? So we can see what the rest of us are going to wind up like...give me a break!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Patti--
If there is something we can do to stop progression of MS or ease symptoms, it is important to speak out about it. Glen says that the CCSVI venoplasty procedure performed on Annette was the first treatment that helped her. It allowed her to swallow and breathe better. Imagine if her malformed jugular veins could have been treated earlier. She had a 30% occlusion on one side, and no flow with reflux into the brain on the other. That is what CCSVI advocates and researchers are working to understand.

My husband had a reversal of gray matter atrophy after his venoplasty procedure. He also had relief in heat intolerence, fatigue and cognitive fog. This is something copaxone did not acheive for him in the two years he took it prior to his venoplasty. He remains on copaxone, the endothelial health program and keeps moving. We hope his MS will not progress. So far, so good.
That's why Annette's story, and everyone's story, is so important.
Because Annette and Glen do not want others to suffer as she has, and they are going to work for answers through her neurological foundation. http://www.annetteconnection.com/About- ... h-Fund.php
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

patticake - you know you don't HAVE to watch if you don't want .
milesap
Family Elder

Post by milesap »

Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Thank you to Glen and Annette for making this news report. And thank you to W5 for broadcasting this.

I will follow Glen's advice and donate to his foundation this year.

Another MS patient with clogged jugulars. What are the odds of this? Over and over again MS patients are found to have clogged brain veins.

It was heartbreaking to hear that color in her face and less drooling at night were improvements enough for Glen to be excited about veinioplasty. God Bless Glen and Annette, what an inspiring determined loving couple.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

He was very clear in the video that they had tried many treatments, some of which made her get worse faster, and venoplasty was the only thing that ever helped.

She was worse off than I imagined. Even when I've pictured 'bed MS' I didn't picture it this bad. The poor woman.

I have great respect for Glen. He is doing the right thing on many levels, both as personal caregiver to Annette and as a CCSVI advocate.
Last edited by Cece on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

"She was worse off than I imagined. Even when I've pictured 'bed MS' I didn't picture it this bad. The poor woman." that's what i thought
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

i found it particularly disturbing because of my awful situation with ms and wonder if this is my near future . i am certainly glad that w5 is showing the world what a crappy disease this can be. i am also very glad i went to albany and have stents . i remember an ms society commercial that would play a lot to the song about walking on sunshine . finally that stopped .
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

i was wondering if this was going to get people's attention like w5 did three years ago .
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

erinc14 wrote:i was wondering if this was going to get people's attention like w5 did three years ago .
I would have liked for it to be aired in the US and to get that sort of attention here. :sad:
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Cece wrote:
erinc14 wrote:i was wondering if this was going to get people's attention like w5 did three years ago .
I would have liked for it to be aired in the US and to get that sort of attention here. :sad:

:? you notice nothing big (like 60 minutes or 20/20) has ever been aired in the US about this .
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

and i just remembered 60 minutes doing a piece in the early 90s on how amalgam fillings can cause ms. in 97 dateline did a piece on this was not proven and peoples were sometimes ruining there teeth .

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”