Kirsty Duncan interview on Canadian study announcement...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

Kirsty Duncan interview on Canadian study announcement...

Post by CureIous »

Ahhh, my hero this lady, she never fails to tell it like it is...

Trying to imagine CCSVI in Canada without her presence...We all owe her an eternal debt of gratitude...
(More at link)
http://www.ccsvi.nl/prikbord/Direct.asp ... ost:227495

Kirsty Duncan: I’m encouraged that at least a first step has been taken. Up to now we have had only announcements and no timeframe for action, no lead for the trials, so this is encouraging. I am concerned that this is not a Pan-Canadian trial in multi-centres with a large number of patient participants. The country has been miniaturized. There are a number of questions that need to be answered. For example, are the health professionals who will participate in the trials adequately trained and experienced? There is a huge learning curve involved and experienced IRs who are doing the procedure say that it takes 100 or more procedures for them to feel comfortable and to know the ins and outs of the treatment. How will patients be monitored? What are the criteria for determining adverse events? There are many details we don’t know.

CCSVI Ontario: What is your reaction to Dr. Anthony Traboulsee, an MS neurologist, being named as the lead in the clinical trials?

Kirsty Duncan: I have heard from many Canadians, doctors and people with MS, and there is great concern for the potential of negative bias. There is real concern. Frankly, if this is to be a double blinded, trial then all project investigators must be blinded.

CCSVI Ontario: What do you think the impact of the Minister’s announcement will be on the Senate Committee that will begin hearings on Bill S-204 on Thursday, 4 October?

Kirsty Duncan: I had no doubt that there would be an announcement of some sort a week or so before the hearings on Bill S-204. The Minister of Health has been playing politics with people’s lives from the beginning. The Minister went to extraordinary lengths to kill Bill C-280 and it would not surprise me if the aim of the Minister’s 28 September announcement is to limit consideration of Bill S-204 in the Senate.

It is interesting to note, however, that Bill C-280 was deliberately killed in the House but just a few short weeks later Bill S-204 passed second reading in the Senate and was sent to Committee. The Bills are the same; I wrote Bill C-280 but could not table it before the House adjourned in June 2011. Senator Cordy graciously took the bill and tabled it in the Senate.

CCSVI Ontario: What is your reaction to Canadians with CCSVI/MS not being allowed to appear as witnesses in front of the Senate Committee?

Kirsty Duncan: I think it is outrageous. This same Committee heard from people struggling with mental health issues when they discussed mental health; they heard from victims when they discussed crime; why are the voices of Canadians with CCSVI/MS being shut down now? Why do Canadians with CCSVI/MS always have to fight their government and their disease? Why are the people charged with representing them refusing to hear from them?
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Kirsty Duncan interview on Canadian study announcement..

Post by Cece »

The Minister of Health has been playing politics with people’s lives from the beginning.
!
too true
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

"Kirsty Duncan: I’m encouraged that at least a first step has been taken. Up to now we have had only announcements and no timeframe for action, no lead for the trials, so this is encouraging. I am concerned that this is not a Pan-Canadian trial in multi-centres with a large number of patient participants. The country has been miniaturized. There are a number of questions that need to be answered. For example, are the health professionals who will participate in the trials adequately trained and experienced? There is a huge learning curve involved and experienced IRs who are doing the procedure say that it takes 100 or more procedures for them to feel comfortable and to know the ins and outs of the treatment. How will patients be monitored? What are the criteria for determining adverse events? There are many details we don’t know. "
This is so typical of our current government; everything with them is a divide & conquer strategy. They are doing them same with this CCSVI study - playing politics with our health and our lives.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/10/13/kirs ... -ms-ccsvi/
Spin vs. fact at hearings into proposed national strategy on MS, CCSVI
by Kirsty Duncan
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

for all it's warts and faults .... this study announcement is extremely good news for the advancement of Dr.Zamboni's great discovery .... CCSVI.

As for the person(s) heading up the study - Dr.Traboulsee - ... is a good choice.

Far better to have a known CCSVI skeptic spearheading this effort , as opposed to someone the CCSVI skeptics see as already convinced .

Trust me . Every move and method used ..... in this study ..... will be closely reviewed by those who doubt the effort put forth by Dr.Traboulsee ....

The best part of all of this ..... will be that pwMS in this study ..... will no doubt provide the social network with updates and results . :idea:

Good day's ahead .....

MrSuccess
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

I wish I could be as optimistic MrS. IRs with zero CCSVI experience will only yield sub-optimal results or worse . . . which Mr.T will hold up as proof that CCSVI is hokum - just as all the neuros have been saying all along. A nice book-end don't you think? Garbage in, garbage out.

Makes me think I should 'go long' on DMD stocks and try to recover some of my money. Please, someone prove me wrong!!!
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

Hi PN , I'm not really overly optimistic about too many things . :roll:
Aim Low ... avoid disappointment .... as the saying goes ... :lol:

As I have said .... let's get this thing going [ the CCSVI-MS Trial ] .
Where it's done. Who is involved . What are the results ..... these will be all factors in the outcome .

Note : Dr.Traboulsee if you are reading this - I'm certain you are - could you please work on stopping your grinning at the cameras with your "shit eaters grin " when giving your opinion on CCSVI or MS. This is annoying . MS is a serious problem . Nothing to smile or laugh about . Lighten up.

There. I feel better already. :!: :lol: :razz:

MrSuccess