Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby Lety » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 am

Hello to all here in the forum

I have a question for you, even if it is a thema about we generally do not like to speak about :oops: , I hope you can help me with your answers:
Since I unfortunately like many of us have MS-related bladder problems, I would be glad if you could let me know if you had improvement and which bladder control problems you had or still have: residual urine, urge ,frequency, self-cath

Thank you for your answer.

Lety
Lety
Family Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Advertisement

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby PointsNorth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Lety,

A couple days after my 2nd procedure (Aug 2011) we went out for dinner and had 2 beer and 2 glasses of water. I naturally expected to use the washroom before leaving but I had no need to do so. It was obvious to me that something was up. Improvements from this procedure lasted only 7 days :-(

Best, PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Calcitriol+D3 2013-
Hurry up and wait.
PointsNorth
Family Elder
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:00 pm
Location: LeftCoast Canada

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 pm

I definitely had improvements in the bladder control from my first and second and fourth treatments! I used to have to go about every 1 hour but on the flight from California to London I went twice during 12 hours. I am now able to void a bit naturally though it's a bit up and down. This is the aspect of the venoplasty which I find distinctly encouraging because it's an objectively verifiable improvement. There must be something to CCSVI.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
User avatar
gibbledygook
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: London

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby Lety » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm

PointsNorth wrote:Hi Lety,

A couple days after my 2nd procedure (Aug 2011) we went out for dinner and had 2 beer and 2 glasses of water. I naturally expected to use the washroom before leaving but I had no need to do so. It was obvious to me that something was up. Improvements from this procedure lasted only 7 days :-(

Best, PN



Hallo PointsNorth

I`m sorry that your procedure was not succesful, do you know if you have a restenosis ? I think that if you had improvements before there is hope that it could work again.

Wish you all the best and thank you for your answer

Lety
Lety
Family Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby Lety » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:29 pm

gibbledygook wrote:I definitely had improvements in the bladder control from my first and second and fourth treatments! I used to have to go about every 1 hour but on the flight from California to London I went twice during 12 hours. I am now able to void a bit naturally though it's a bit up and down. This is the aspect of the venoplasty which I find distinctly encouraging because it's an objectively verifiable improvement. There must be something to CCSVI.



Hi gibbledygook

Thanks for your answer, this makes me courage, who must live with these restrictions knows how important the improvement in bladder function is for quality of life.

I hope other forum members will share their experiences.

All the best

Lety
Lety
Family Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby MaggieMae » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:52 pm

My husband had the CCSVI procedure with Dr. Sclafani in April 2011. He had started in January 2010 with major bladder problems and had botox shots in Feb 2010 and Jan 2011. Hasn't needed botox since. His urologist was expecting that my husband would need botox again this year, but to date he hasn't needed. Urologist said this is very unusual. I feel this is one benefit he received from the CCSVI procedure.
User avatar
MaggieMae
Family Elder
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby cheerleader » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Many people, but not all, have improvements in urgency and urinary difficulties after treatment, Lety.
My husband noticed this immediately...he had to get up several times during the night prior to venoplasty. After treatment, it was once a night, if at all. Dr. Dake explained this---

For example, it is now apparent that after endovascular therapy, certain constitutional or general symptoms common to MS patients, such as fatigue, heat intolerance, clouded cognition, urinary problems, cold distal extremities etc., respond in a tempo that ranges from hours to days rather than the usual weeks or months typically necessary to achieve full benefits and clinical stabilisation with pharmacological disease-modifying therapies.

http://www.cirse.org/files/File/cirse20 ... un_web.pdf

Urinary incontinence is quite common in those with normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) and slowed cerebral blood flow (called hypoperfusion). In fact, urinary incontinence, disturbed gate and cognitive problems are the top 3 symptoms of NPH. Increasing cerebral perfusion and movement of blood and cerebral spinal fluid seems to alleviate this in many who are treated for CCSVI. In fact, shunting for excess cerebral spinal fluid in NPH relieves bladder incontinence in many elderly.
http://www.jsnm.org/files/paper/anm/ams ... 1-1-06.pdf
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/51/1/105.full.pdf

hope this helps explain how blood flow is related to the bladder--
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
User avatar
cheerleader
Family Elder
 
Posts: 5015
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: southern California

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby Cece » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm

cheerleader wrote:
For example, it is now apparent that after endovascular therapy, certain constitutional or general symptoms common to MS patients, such as fatigue, heat intolerance, clouded cognition, urinary problems, cold distal extremities etc., respond in a tempo that ranges from hours to days rather than the usual weeks or months typically necessary to achieve full benefits and clinical stabilisation with pharmacological disease-modifying therapies.

http://www.cirse.org/files/File/cirse20 ... un_web.pdf

I always wondered with this, what drugs he knew of that I didn't, because I had all of these symptoms and there was no relief of them from dmt's! My experience with CCSVI treatment is that it relieved symptoms that nothing else did. Including bladder frequency issues.
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Bladder improvement after CCSVI treatment ???

Postby Lety » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 am

Thank you all for the answers and explaining
Lety
Family Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users