Sure glad I didn't wait!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
fiddler
Family Elder

Sure glad I didn't wait!

Post by fiddler »

Just over three years ago I heard about CCSVI and its treatment. After a couple weeks of fevered research, I decided that Zamboni's theory made a lot of sense, and that given the rapid deterioration in my MS symptoms, I should take the earliest possible opportunity to be tested and, if appropriate, treated for CCSVI.

I'm SO glad I didn't wait for the testing and treatment to be made available in Canada because, if I had, I'd STILL BE WAITING FOR THE RESEARCH TO BEGIN! Geez, what a travesty!
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
erinc14
Family Elder

Re: Sure glad I didn't wait!

Post by erinc14 »

me too! maybe i'd be dead if i didn't . my condition is bad so very possible .
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am glad I didn't wait also.
November 2009 was when a lot of us heard about CCSVI. :)
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

yup. november 21 ! :smile:
msscooter
Family Member

Post by msscooter »

Was treated in 2010. Glad I didn't wait either. Was using a cane or scooter prior. haven't used either since a few months after my procedure. Able to work productively again. able to walk around the neighborhood. able to do cooking and crafts. travel and plan for a living future. I have my life back!
I have been MSsooter but need to change my name after libration. Don't use a scooter anymore! I am LaFemmeMSketeer!
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

That's the thing, it does not work for everyone. Why? Who knows. With me and many others we improved after angio but we restenosed. Every time I got the blood flowing I improved. I even had 3 vein transplants where they took out a vein from my leg and implanted in my neck. My condition improved but even these veins collapsed. Obviously with me and others there is much more going on. Go figure.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”