Christmas Light Reading - Mechanisms of Vascular Disease

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Christmas Light Reading - Mechanisms of Vascular Disease

Postby PointsNorth » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Time to brush up? There will be a quiz on selected chapters at a time of my choosing.

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/press/titles ... -small.pdf
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Calcitriol+D3 2013-
Hurry up and wait.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Re: Christmas Light Reading - Mechanisms of Vascular Disease

Postby Rogan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks PointsNorth for this link. What a detailed paper. I have much reading left to do but all ready have learned some interesting things about blood vessels.

As Cheerleader writes many times on this site Dr. John Cooke at Stanford says "you are as old as your endothelium." On her CCSVI Alliance page she has research that pretty much proves to me that Alzheimer's is Arteriosclerosis of the brain. So since then I have been trying to learn more about Arteriosclerosis. It turns out I am not as dumb as I thought and according to this paper it is a very complicated and disputed condition.

From this paper they describe the different theories as to the cause of Arteriosclerosis. Pretty interesting ideas. Inflammation, fat, virus, etc. But the idea that really caught my eye is "biomechanical stress". They discuss a theory that hypertension causes stretching in the arteries and then these wounds become sites for Arteriosclerosis. What was really interesting is that most of these wounds are found in arteries, but when they use a vein in a bypass, these new veins, acting as arteries, develop Arteriosclerosis also.

Thanks again, I'll keep reading....
Rogan
Family Member

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)