Avis Favero's top medical stories for 2012--Annete Funicello

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
erinc14
Family Elder

Avis Favero's top medical stories for 2012--Annete Funicello

Post by erinc14 »

This was a world exclusive story and became one of CTVNews.ca’s most watched videos of the year. A once beloved TV and film star, Funicello disclosed two decades ago that she had multiple sclerosis. But few knew what had become of her. We were honoured to tell her story: about how the disease had ravaged her beauty, and how she and her husband searched for years for treatments to help slow her tragic decline.

Annette’s story also crossed into the heated medical debate over the theory that CCSVI (Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency) might be a possible cause of MS symptoms. Annette was tested and doctors found she had unusual blood flow out of her brain. She under went a balloon angioplasty on her affected veins and her husband helped discuss the procedure’s outcome. Read more...

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/ctv-s-avis ... z2Ge5EEYa9
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Avis Favero's top medical stories for 2012--Annete Funic

Post by Cece »

#2 of the top medical stories of 2012.
Heart-breaking to see what had become of her. Heart-lifting to see her husband's care.
I mentioned Annette's story to someone else who was wondering if they were too far progressed to receive any benefit from venoplasty.
I'm glad the story was popular and I wish it had made the news here in the United States.
erinc14
Family Elder

Re: Avis Favero's top medical stories for 2012--Annete Funic

Post by erinc14 »

i was a quadriplegic when i had it done and i still am but i'm sure glad i went !