Daflon 500

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Daflon 500

Postby allynz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 am

Hi Dr S

Do you have any thoughts on Daflon 500 - it is said to assist with chronic venous insufficiency and suggested to help alleviate "heavy legs"
allynz
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Daflon 500

Postby 1eye » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

I don't want to change the topic but this reply is about the cheaper, "health supplement" equivalent to Daflon 500.

In 2011 I had a skin infection on my right foot that turned into a venous ulcer. It took 4 months to heal.

I 2012 I got an almost identical one on my left foot, which also has paralysis and drop-foot. It has not healed yet and has been since Oct. I am now in compression stockings for the second day.

On the right leg I had some success with the supplement. I did not have he same with my left side yet. You take the compression stockings off at night. Last night, for the first time since CCSVI treatment in 2010, I had the familiar dizziness and double-vision. I wondered if it could have to do with having much less venous blood in my legs, and therefore more available for reflux and back-jets? I'm kind of dreading tonight. Maybe the Daflon would help now?

I couldn't help but remember that if we want to track down a cause, it is necessary to know things that have a good track record of reliably causing exacerbation (hopefully only temporary) immediately. I only know of heat, and in my case, maybe venous compression on my legs.
The bottom line on MS is,,. They don't know what causes it. So they can't treat it. And this BUGS THEM.

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Daflon 500

Postby NHE » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am

allynz wrote:Hi Dr S

Do you have any thoughts on Daflon 500 - it is said to assist with chronic venous insufficiency and suggested to help alleviate "heavy legs"

I realize that you are asking Dr. Sclafani a question. However, I wanted to mention that you can get about 300 or so search results for Daflon.

Daflon search results

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)