Daflon 500

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
allynz
Family Member

Daflon 500

Post by allynz »

Hi Dr S

Do you have any thoughts on Daflon 500 - it is said to assist with chronic venous insufficiency and suggested to help alleviate "heavy legs"
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Daflon 500

Post by 1eye »

I don't want to change the topic but this reply is about the cheaper, "health supplement" equivalent to Daflon 500.

In 2011 I had a skin infection on my right foot that turned into a venous ulcer. It took 4 months to heal.

I 2012 I got an almost identical one on my left foot, which also has paralysis and drop-foot. It has not healed yet and has been since Oct. I am now in compression stockings for the second day.

On the right leg I had some success with the supplement. I did not have he same with my left side yet. You take the compression stockings off at night. Last night, for the first time since CCSVI treatment in 2010, I had the familiar dizziness and double-vision. I wondered if it could have to do with having much less venous blood in my legs, and therefore more available for reflux and back-jets? I'm kind of dreading tonight. Maybe the Daflon would help now?

I couldn't help but remember that if we want to track down a cause, it is necessary to know things that have a good track record of reliably causing exacerbation (hopefully only temporary) immediately. I only know of heat, and in my case, maybe venous compression on my legs.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Daflon 500

Post by NHE »

allynz wrote:Hi Dr S

Do you have any thoughts on Daflon 500 - it is said to assist with chronic venous insufficiency and suggested to help alleviate "heavy legs"
I realize that you are asking Dr. Sclafani a question. However, I wanted to mention that you can get about 300 or so search results for Daflon.

Daflon search results

NHE

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”