ms , the white man's disease

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
erinc14
Family Elder

ms , the white man's disease

Post by erinc14 »

ljelome
Family Elder

Re: ms , the white man's disease

Post by ljelome »

Hi! greetings from a pwMS in Indonesia....there's many more people like me here....n most of us have a genuine indonesian blood...no "white" descendants or ancestors...but mine is a chinese one...

So, MS is not likely to be a white man's disease anymore....

Nice to know you....
Warm regards,
Linda

|For the joy of the Lord is your strength | A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones| God always leads us to where we need to be, not where we want to be|
MarkW
Family Elder

Genetics of MS

Post by MarkW »

Oxford researchers found 57 genes linked with MS (Prof Ebers's team). As far as I have read these genes are not linked to skin colour or ethnicity. Lower D3 levels in blood appear to predispose humans to MS. D3 is a factor in MS not the answer, (see Prof Zamboni's recent paper). People who do not get sun and vit D3 have a higher incidence of MS. This appears to be more about our life styles after the industrial revolution (working inside) rather than skin colour.
Pity this lady did not go to Brooklyn NY for her diagnosis, then she would really know if she had any stenoses or not.
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
erinc14
Family Elder

Re: Genetics of MS

Post by erinc14 »