Treatment for TMJ with Dr Amir

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Re: Treatment for TMJ with Dr Amir

Post by Rosegirl »

I had an interesting discussion on dental treatment that will be posed on the "When CCSVI fails, try AO and/or the Dentist" thread.

I'll post it there so as not to highjack this topic.
gingermagic

Post by gingermagic »

Nay sayers, et al,

I have spent years talking to simpletons about what is a placebo, what is not and how a placebo only lasts a week or two maximum (not 4 years for some). But I don't give a monkey's to be honest. Are you one of people who are first inline for Tysabri and all the other killer drugs which don't work?

Wether the reason I can take my daughter to the playground, is a placebo or not doesn't matter. The only thing that does matter is that I can take her. My daughter has stopped asking 'can we go to the swings? or are you too tired?' and now looks forward to visiting them all the time.

Am I stupid... gullible, well if I am, I better tell the Uni, that I got my Engineering degree from to take it back. Anyway, can't talk now, I'm to busy smelling the flowers..................by the swings
Luvsadonut
Family Elder

Post by Luvsadonut »

Ive been riding the placebo wave for years ...no drugs, Best bet diet, cranio sacral treatment, acupuncture, metabolic typing diet, paleo diet, yoga, pilates, cardio, weight training, core balance excercises, psoas release, endothelium care, mineral and vits supplementation, Dr Amir...positive thinking, no toxicity...loving the placebo effect or not as is the case :-D
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

Luvsadonut wrote:Ive been riding the placebo wave for years ...no drugs, Best bet diet, cranio sacral treatment, acupuncture, metabolic typing diet, paleo diet, yoga, pilates, cardio, weight training, core balance excercises, psoas release, endothelium care, mineral and vits supplementation, Dr Amir...positive thinking, no toxicity...loving the placebo effect or not as is the case :-D
Excellent. excellent!
Everyone should at least follow you if nothing else.
Placebo definitely works better.
Thekla
Family Elder

Post by Thekla »

I'm sure I've had my share of placebo effects. They are supposed to be more likely the more expensive, involved and painful a treatment is. I also remember discussion about whether one could even ethically conduct a blinded study of ccsvi. I guess I really don't care whether anyone else thinks this is a good effective treatment option. I don't believe that I have to 'prove' to everyone that I am right and this works. I am here because when I was desperately looking, after I had done everything else I could afford, someone else spent some time and shared about jaw alignment. My treatment is ongoing and has had its ups and downs, but a year ago I was planning a last hope fact-finding trip to see Dr Amir and this year I'm planning a road-trip vacation to Greece, a 20 hour drive. Although I still am not walking much better, I just feel that much better. I'm not tired. My bladder is better. If I can move a bit better by then even better! Our family is rather grown-up and I so much look forward to a holiday together again. This is the best 'placebo' ever!
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

Early days for Gingermagic.
Hopefully placebo affect has disappeared by now.