N.B. Doctors want gov't to stop funding Liberation Therapy

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: N.B. Doctors want gov't to stop funding Liberation Thera

Post by 1eye »

What is the New Brunswick Medical Society? As Steven Harper, they should be asked: what don't you know, and when did you stop knowing it?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

The province has budgeted $75,000 this year for the fund on top of the $400,000 it set aside in the first two years of the program.

Applicants can get $2,500 each if a community group raises matching funds for the procedure, which can cost more than $10,000.

While other provinces are studying clinical trials, New Brunswick is the only province that provides funds to help MS patients get the treatment.
Might be a good idea to apply for this sooner rather than later if anyone is in New Brunswick.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Guess the doctors decided on behalf of the politicians. :oops: X(

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 22321.html
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

The group's president, Dr. Robert Desjardins, said recent studies have shown liberation therapy doesn't work for the majority of patients. He said the money set aside for the New Brunswick program would be better spent on clinically effective treatment

like what ?
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

NB is a really small player in the game. Give them as much or little weight in their opinions as you may.

Let us not forget the following medical FACT :

Reduced or stopped bloodflow INTO the brain can be FATAL .

Reduced or TEMPORARILY stopped bloodflow INTO the brain ...causes STROKE.

These EXPERTS cannot understand that REDUCED or STOPPED bloodflow OUT of the brain [ CCSVI ] ...... has severe consequences also. We call this MS.

How they can dismiss this logical thought process ..... is the answer not yet given.

MrSuccess is convinced that DMD money ..... is behind the vocal frontmen . :idea:

Bastards. :twisted:

MrSuccess