MISDIAGNOSED?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

MISDIAGNOSED?

Post by dania »

1eye
Family Elder

Re: MISDIAGNOSED?

Post by 1eye »

A lot of things in this film seem very familiar. I wonder why that is. I wonder what it takes to get a dedicated, proven doctor to close down, pack up and leave? I am constantly amazed at the academic and legal harassment and abuse that seems to be coming from doctors, visited on their peers. Is it? Problem is, if you're unlucky and/or not wealthy, you probably have to die to find out if it is. What has happened to science? Does greed trump everything?

I got sick when I was living in the Marlborough swamp, near here. I spent a lot of time where there were plenty of bugs. I remember hoping it wasn't West Nile or hanta virus, because of all the mice, deer, horses, dogs, and mosquitoes. People told me at the time: "maybe you've got Lyme's disease." I was tested for everything anybody could think of, blood draws coming 10 at a time, including a test for Syphilis. I don't think I have ever been in danger of acquiring Syphilis. But as far as I know I was never tested for Lyme's. If I don't have it, it is not because anybody ever looked. I saw a lot of 'me's in that film. I keep saying, its 'MS labilty, or, I'm just depressed. But some things really are heartbreaking. Glad some of those people got better.

Thanks for the (long) movie.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

I was discussing a similar theory only this week with my business partner.

The NHS system in the UK is outstanding. Outstanding if you have an acute problem. Serious injury, cancer, recognised organ issues, etc etc.

The problem comes if you have something chronic or a "Syndrome" - correct me if I'm wrong, but the word "syndrome" in medical circles seems to mean we have lots of people displaying the same set of symptoms but we have no idea what's causing it or how to treat it.

So you live in the UK and you're diagnosed with MS......would you like some DMD's? Errr no thanks.

"Can you help with my eye sight problems?"

Oh that's be the MS......

There's the issue, you're spat out the other side labelled with "MS" a condition that medicine doesn't understand and the every single problem you may have i automatically put down to "MS" without much effort to see if it's anything different.

Misdiagnosed probably describes the overwhelming majority of the worlds patients diagnosed with "MS". Some will have blood flow or CSF flow issues, some will have jaw or skeletal misalignments. What most won't have is an autoimmune disease that seems to have attacked the body for no sensible reason.

Look at the symptoms please doctors, try and understand the problems don't just chalk it up to "MS" and send your patient away.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

please doctors, try and understand
I have it on the most authoritative authoritarian authority that not many of them are listening... :wink:
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”