Goalie Helps others with Multiple Sclerosis

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Goalie Helps others with Multiple Sclerosis

Post by ThisIsMA »

I know we're always hoping to find people with financial resources and an interest in finding effective treatments for MS, to help fund CCSVI research.

Here's a story about a hocky goalie who recently signed a 5.7 million dollar contract, and then was shortly thereafter, diagnosed with MS. He has since set up a charitable foundation to help people with MS.

I'm posting this both for his inspiring story (he has not given up on his athletic career), but also in case someone from the CCSVI Alliance or other CCSVI organizations might want to approach him to explain about CCSVI and ask for his support. He seems to be based in Minnesota.

Here's the link to a New York Times story about him:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/sport ... .html?_r=0

P.S. I've got insomnia tonight, so I thought I might as well at least accomplish something while I can't sleep! :smile:
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS
civickiller
Family Elder

Re: Goalie Helps others with Multiple Sclerosis

Post by civickiller »

a few years ago another hockey star with the MS society came to speak, just another case that supports my theory of head trauma causing MS.

im still trying to figure out how or if ebv is involved or some other virus
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Goalie Helps others with Multiple Sclerosis

Post by Cece »

Harding said he received his diagnosis after collapsing last October during an informal workout with locked-out N.H.L. players in St. Louis Park, a Minneapolis suburb.

Several weeks before, Harding had complained of extreme fatigue and neck pain. On the ice that day, he said he saw dots that grew bigger and bigger until they blocked out the puck. Then his right leg went numb and gave out.
Neck pain a few weeks prior to first attack.
I think he should get his jugular veins checked but then I'd have thought that regardless.
Yeah, he's in MN, and his story is fairly well known here. I hate when MS happens to anyone.
Hope you got some sleep, ThisIsMA...