Migraines & CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Junicans

Migraines & CCSVI

Post by Junicans »

MIGRAINES (severe and chronic), slurring & drooling and concentration improved 100% immediately after procedure done in August 2010. Severe stiffness in left arm & hand improved immediately. Now it's March 2015. A few minor headaches (3) lasting 1-2 days to date. Cartilage lost in knees due to inactivity. I had RRMS since youth and attacks at age 23, 38. SPMS since 45. Overall I'm grateful for lack of migraines, improved concentration and use of left arm & hand.
:)
P.S. The Dr said I would have died in 6 months without the procedure. One jugular was closed and the other partially closed as well as the vein from them and from the spinal cord going to the heart. The pressure in my brain was dangerously high. Thank goodness I heard the TV program W5 on the subject in late 2009.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Migraines & CCSVI

Post by cheerleader »

Welcome, Junicans!!

Terrific to meet you and learn about your successful treatment.
You are so right----the high pressure of blood and CSF created by CCSVI damages the brain, and relieving it is a good thing.
May you continue to see improvements! My husband is now six years out from treatment (he was first in US and interviewed on that CTV program) and he is doing better than ever.
Keep moving, keep eating well, follow a heart healthy lifestyle and
KEEP POSTING on here. We need to hear from people who have benefitted.

all best,
cheer/Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Migraines & CCSVI

Post by Cece »

Junicans wrote:P.S. The Dr said I would have died in 6 months without the procedure. One jugular was closed and the other partially closed as well as the vein from them and from the spinal cord going to the heart. The pressure in my brain was dangerously high. Thank goodness I heard the TV program W5 on the subject in late 2009.
That is frightening. Glad to hear of your improvements!