Alternative Treatment/Therapies After Two Failed Treatments

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
TP444

Alternative Treatment/Therapies After Two Failed Treatments

Post by TP444 »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start this post because I was having trouble finding a thread that was dedicated to therapies yet to be tried for those who have already gone the route of the "Liberation" procedure.

In 2010, after being considered an MS patient but not having any lesions, I looked into Lyme disease which I was later diagnosed with. I hope you'll stick with me because I would receive two CCSVI Liberation angioplasties later on after a doctor of mine remarked the distended neck vein that I know I've personally had since my childhood. It was this investigatory comment that led me into having the ultrasound and eventual treatment.

Originally I had 2 of the 5 parameters in the ultrasound diagnosis.

In 2013, I was seen by Dr. S in Atlanta, GA and received my first liberation procedure at his outpatient clinic. Did not receive any positive results from this. Should be mentioned I was still on oral antibiotics.

In 2014, a year and half later, I would try once again for a variation or new version of the procedure by Dr. A in California who does the TVAM angioplasty. I might have had the most minute of moments that seemed positive thereafter but not long after the treatment I was certain that it had not helped.

In 2015 now, I'm in dire straits mentally with my Lyme treatment but I'm still convinced that CCSVI is at least somewhat of my problem.

Therefore, I was hoping this thread could be one for listing alternative therapies or treatments in terms of potentially helping treat CCSVI or lessen it's effects.

I've been reading about Dr. Franz Schelling's theses on reflux of the IJVs and how some patients have had success with angioplasties overseen by IRs trained or versed in Schelling's theories.

Other than this I know of very few things that I've read helped with this.

If you have any opinions and stories on this I would greatly appreciate your help and will add to the thread with anything else I can find in terms of anything worth writing about.

Thank you so much for your time.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Re: Alternative Treatment/Therapies After Two Failed Treatme

Post by Rosegirl »

In 2010, I started a thread called "When CCSVI Fails, try AO and/or the Dentist", http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 21951.html.

I had three CCSVI procedures (2010 - 2012). Each corrected major blockages (that apparently then reoccured). My only major symptom was that my left leg only worked intermittently and that condition never improved. As you'll see in the long thread, a number of smaller improvement happened, but walking is still unchanged.

I have not posted about my condition in a long time because I have tried a number of things that did not work.

Things now are threatening to change for the better, but a few snags occurred along the way. I hope that in the next few months I can announce some significant improvements.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Rosegirl