Treating CCSVI with antibiotics - new website

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
hwebb
Family Elder

Treating CCSVI with antibiotics - new website

Post by hwebb »

Hi there,

I've created a new website to help those who are trying to treat their CCSVI using antibiotics:

Through my journey of being diagnosed with MS, CCSVI and Cpn, I've relied heavily on scientific information I've accessed through the internet. Much of it has been pretty heavy to read...especially for a person with a neurological disease. Because of this, I created a website which is a companion to the excellent patient forum http://tinyurl.com/cpn-help3. The new site is http://tinyurl.com/cpn-help-lite, and contains the info I've found most useful on this forum. Feel free to forward the link to anyone struggling with Cpn

Helen
hwebb
Family Elder

new paper on antibiotics to treat CCSVI

Post by hwebb »

A new publication is available showing that PwMS have improved blood flow in the veins draining their brain and spine after antibiotic treatment. The author recommends against angioplasty to treat these veins, due to the increased risk of thrombosis associated with a bacterial infection in these veins: http://cosmeticcentre.com.au/client_images/1905173.pdf
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Treating CCSVI with antibiotics - new website

Post by ElliotB »

per your website:

"A growing number of scientists believe a respiratory bacteria, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae (Cpn), causes the vascular disease Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) and is a necessary and critical factor for the development of Multiple Sclerosis..."

There is obviously a lot of controversy regarding CCSVI. If CCCSVI truly is a necessary and critical factor for the development of Multiple Sclerosis, how do you account for the fact that there are so many cases of MS for those WITHOUT this condition?

"I've relied heavily on scientific information I've accessed through the internet."

Just because something is on the internet, does not necessarily mean it is true or factual.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Another important consideration is that antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria within the body. Killing off good bacteria for those who are likely deficient in them may not be the best choice although like just about every MS protocol, antibiotics seem to help some but not all that try them.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I am skeptical about any drug-based treatment. I have a doctor friend who told me: any medical progress needs 25 years of experience before he will go near it. He did this with eye treatment by surgery. After it had been in use for 25 years he figured the odds were on his side, and got laser surgery. It was very successful. He no longer needs glasses.

The FDA and drug companies are not on your side. The FDA is complicit with drug companies in suppressing much information about human health, to protect profit.

Darwin tells you why you should not indiscriminately kill bacteria. Survival of the fittest is a hard and fast rule. Your gut, when you were born, and after enough transfer of gut bacteria from your mother and other places, contained 1000-1500 species of bacteria, probably many of which were the result of tens of thousands of years of evolution. We do not know enough yet to say categorically what role of these species play in human health. This population is decimated by antibiotics. So-called "probiotic" supplements do not contain enough species to make a difference. They also are not very good sources of a good enough quantity of any species to make a difference.

There is a reason gut bacteria are not found elsewhere in the body. They would kill you. Good thing we have those "white cells", isn't it?

My doctor friend tries to get meat from animals that have not been given antibiotics. Survival of the fittest will mean that it is only a matter of probability and elapsed time, that sooner or later the fittest species in many humans will be a super-bug that no antibiotics can kill.

When I was 12 I was on several months of antibiotic treatment. The monitoring method then, which is rarely even used anymore, was the "white count" counting the immune cells in my blood, which my body had to produce to fight my infection. Likely, after those several months, the few surviving bacteria in my gut were immune to penicillin, and probably very ineffective at whatever role they had previously been playing in keeping me healthy.

Whatever they had been doing to help keep me alive, was no longer being done by my gut, because my gut population was very low.

Part of what may have kept me alive since I was 12, may have been the various courses of antibiotics my doctors have given me. But that may not be true. One of the reasons I was given them was a very bad infection that was probably adult-onset mononucleosis. Sometime in the next few years after that I was diagnosed with MS. Coincidence?

It is not a surprise I have MS. What's surprising is that I have survived to my age.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

1eye, why is it not a surprise you have MS? Is it in your family history? It is in mine. At the time, doctors treating my dad told me and my siblings that we would/could not not get MS. They were quite wrong obviously as one of my brothers (I have two) and I do. When it comes to MS and most things related to MS, the doctors really know nothing or very little. The reality is at this point in time, there is really nothing doctors can do.

What is amazing is at his point there are about 30-40 'cures' out that for an illness that has no cure.

"What's surprising is that I have survived to my age." How old are you?

"Darwin tells you why you should not indiscriminately kill bacteria. Survival of the fittest is a hard and fast rule. Your gut, when you were born, and after enough transfer of gut bacteria from your mother and other places, contained 1000-1500 species of bacteria, probably many of which were the result of tens of thousands of years of evolution. We do not know enough yet to say categorically what role of these species play in human health. This population is decimated by antibiotics. So-called "probiotic" supplements do not contain enough species to make a difference. They also are not very good sources of a good enough quantity of any species to make a difference."

The above is extremely well thought out and written, makes a lot of sense and I agree 110%. And while I do a lot of things to take care of myself and do take probiotics and eat fermented foods that are thought to be high in beneficial bacteria, my theory (only a theory) and it may sound crazy (perhaps as crazy as wearing an aluminum foil hat) is that the dog I got to assist me and is with me 100% of the time is perhaps providing me with benefits through bacteria transfer. I read somewhere that being around animals can be important to good health. I wonder if any studies have been done on this? I know long ago there was a theory floating around that distemper in dogs was thought to be a possible cause of MS, so I never had one (until 4 years ago when I absolutely needed one).

C"an your pet dog make you sick? Multiple Sclerosis and Canine Distemper Virus"

http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2010/ ... -you-sick/

There has been some news around about the ineffectiveness (and possible harm) of hand sanitizers and other bacteria killing products. The bottom line is it appears that we need at least some bad bacteria in order to be healthy.

"Are Hand Sanitizers Actually Harmful?"

https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/di ... rs-harmful
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

ElliotB wrote:1eye, why is it not a surprise you have MS? Is it in your family history?
My dad had diabetes and stroke. My mother had vasculitis. All my siblings (I have 5) have what could be called auto-immune diseases, from Lupus to CLL, to vitiligo.
ElliotB wrote:"What's surprising is that I have survived to my age." How old are you?
63. No dog at the moment.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)