Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)-

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
taxi
Family Member

Post by taxi »

Hi again, sorry to spam, I just realised I selected the wrong license for my paper, it's now a "Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License" which just means that if you modify it and distribute it, you have to do so on the same terms. But modification for your own personal use is perfectly acceptable.
Dovechick
Family Elder

THX

Post by Dovechick »

Thanks Mark, so good to share this...
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.
MStake

ccsvi travel

Post by MStake »

Hello dear friends.
My name is Youssef, i'm 24 years old.
My multiple sclerosis began during my 16's.

I read this topic since one year and i've registrated myself today.

I wanna know if someone can help me to registrate in ccsvi surgey in the US.

i've taken an other nickname for this forum, in france, my NN is sepasorcier

thank you very much for your help
I'm very sorry for my poor english :oops:
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hello and welcome, Youssef.

Your English is understandable, so do not worry.

I urge anyone interested in having CCSVI testing and treatment (if indicated) to call Dr. Mehta's office at: 518-262-5640, which is located at 43 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY, 12208 USA

Dr. Mehta is putting patients on a list, and he will begin testing/treatment in a few weeks. You should call Monday morning EST.

Best of luck.

~HappyPoet
taxi
Family Member

Post by taxi »

Last comment for today! (no promises ;) )

I've just uploaded a Word version of the document, so if you want to modify it for your own needs then it's easy to do so.

Same location, http://public.me.com/inomial

Cheers
Mark
gauchito
Family Member

Post by gauchito »

Thx Mark. Is there a chance to have the file some other way.I am having trouble with MobilelMe?
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

I was having problems too, lack of authority or something.

I copied the entire document, pasted it to a new WORD document, and saved that. It worked fine for me. Good luck.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

BTW, Taxi, don't you
Aussie's watch the Supper Bowl? I realize it is a different kind of football and all ...
taxi
Family Member

Post by taxi »

hi folks

anyone who can't get to the documents via mobile me should just PM me with your email address and I'll shoot it through to you.

I'll set it up on a better host when i have a chance...
fogdweller wrote:BTW, Taxi, don't you
Aussie's watch the Supper Bowl? I realize it is a different kind of football and all ...
super bowl? isn't that something you put a big salad in? :-P

some people here watch it but it's not a big deal at all. maybe a couple of pubs have it on the big screen. but nobody runs around afterwards tooting their car horns along Chapel street like they do after the World Cup or the AFL grand final - now that's real football!! :)

cheers
Mark
fogdweller
Family Elder

Analogy

Post by fogdweller »

When I was in college, we had a litle bathroom with a plywood floor that had press-on tiles. When one of the drains backed up, water would flow onto the floor, the tiles would curl and come off, and the plywood got moldy.

Zamboni proposes that we unstop the drains. Maks sense to me. So far we have been studying the glue on the tiles, the plywood, the type of mold, even the manufacturer of the tiles.

Lets unstop the drains first. Then we can get new tiles.
jackD
Family Elder

for all you tree lovers...

Post by jackD »

I wonder??

jackD

Angiology. 2006 Oct-Nov;57(5):569-76.

Rapid relief of signs/symptoms in chronic venous microangiopathy with pycnogenol: a prospective, controlled study.

Cesarone MR, Belcaro G, Rohdewald P, Pellegrini L, Ledda A, Vinciguerra G, Ricci A, Gizzi G, Ippolito E, Fano F, Dugall M, Acerbi G, Cacchio M, Di Renzo A, Hosoi M, Stuard S, Corsi M.

Irvine2 Vascular Lab and Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, G 'Annunzio, Chieti-Pescara University, San Valentino Vascular Screening Project, Faculty of Motory Sciences, L'Aquila University, Italy.

Erratum in:

Angiology. 2008 Jun-Jul;59(3):385.

The aim of this study was to investigate the clinical efficacy of oral Pycnogenol (Horphag Research Ltd, UK) in patients with severe chronic venous insufficiency.

Patients with severe venous hypertension (chronic venous insufficiency, ankle swelling) and history of venous ulcerations were treated with Pycnogenol.

Patients received oral Pycnogenol (50 mg capsules, 3 times daily for a total of 150 mg daily) for 8 weeks.

A group of 21 patients was included in the treatment group and 18 equivalent patients were observed as controls (no treatment during the observation period). All 21 patients (age 53 years; range, 42-60 years; M:F=11:10) in the treatment group completed the 8-week study. Also the 18 controls completed the follow-up period. There were no drop-outs. The average ambulatory venous pressure was 59.3 (SD 7.2; range 50-68) with a refilling time shorter than 10 seconds (average 7.6; SD 3). There were no differences in ambulatory venous pressure or refilling time between the treatment and control patients. The duration of the disease-from the first signs/symptoms-was on average 5.7 years (SD 2.1). At 4 and 8 weeks, in all Pycnogenol-treated subjects, microcirculatory and clinical evaluations indicated a progressive decrease in skin flux, indicating an improvement in the level of microangiopathy; a significant decrease in capillary filtration; a significant improvement in the symptomatic score; and a reduction in edema. There were no visible effects in controls.

In conclusion, this study confirms the fast clinical efficacy of Pycnogenol in patients with chronic venous insufficiency and venous microangiopathy.

The study indicates the significant clinical role of Pycnogenol in the management, treatment and control of this common clinical problem. The treatment may be also useful to prevent ulcerations by controlling the level of venous microangiopathy.

PMID: 17067979 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
kenneb9
Family Member

ccsvi and General Electric (GE)

Post by kenneb9 »

Woundn't it be great if MS patients got this attention
http://www.ge.com/innovation/vancouver/ ... ml?C_ID=HP
1hotmama

skeptical neurologist

Post by 1hotmama »

I asked my neurologist about Dr. Zamboni's research and he called it, "Zamboni's Balogna". I felt very patronized and was disappointed with his whole attitude. He was more concerned with talking me into trying tysabri which I turned out to be allergic to. He also suggested a !#$%! shrink because my headache never goes away.
Has anyone encountered this type of disbelief from our so called "educated" neurologists in the US? :?: :?:
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: skeptical neurologist

Post by NHE »

1hotmama wrote:I asked my neurologist about Dr. Zamboni's research and he called it, "Zamboni's Balogna". I felt very patronized and was disappointed with his whole attitude. He was more concerned with talking me into trying tysabri which I turned out to be allergic to. He also suggested a !#$%! shrink because my headache never goes away.
Has anyone encountered this type of disbelief from our so called "educated" neurologists in the US? :?: :?:
It may be time to start shopping around for a new neurologist...

NHE
WeWillBeatMS
Family Elder

Post by WeWillBeatMS »

There are absolutely neurologists out there that are open to discuss the soundness of the science behind CCSVI, even if it is not as "proven" as most of them would like to see. I happen to find one here locally in South Florida who has actually written the prescriptions for the transcranial doppler and also the MRV for me which I will have next week. There is also a neurologist at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Dr. Stanley Krolczyk, who went to Hamilton, Ontario on 2/7/10 to meet with Dr. Zamboni and the other doctors and researchers for the first annual CCSVI conference. Don't give up! This thing makes too much sense and has too much momentum for even the most stubborn neurologists to ignore forever. Also, I'm sorry to say this but there are too many neurologists who may have started out with the big intention of helping others but the money has them a little bit sidetracked, and what do they have to gain financially from CCSVI? A few more office visits maybe? Anyway do NOT give up 1hotmama.

WeWillBeatMS