Interview with Dr. Dake

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Interview with Dr. Dake

Post by cheerleader »

This interview is helping me stay calm today :)
From 2007 "Endovascular Legends" podcast series-

Dr. Michael Dake talks about his training, his philosophies, the first venous stent placed, the importance of collaboration with other specialties and crossing boundaries- the need for "spreading knowledge" between practices, not competing but collaborating. He believes this is where the future of medicine is heading...not in competing specialties, but in collaborative, cooperative medicine. Less ego, more healing.

"I am constantly looking, everyday, for ways that people can collaborate in ways that's a win/win." Dr. Dake

http://podcast.com/episode/18936926/13783/
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Wow, could he be anymore wonderful? What a great fabulous thing that he has taken us under his wing......... we are very fortunate.

I think about Jeff and his result, if he had done just dopplers we'd all be having a different conversatoin now. It is all beautiful
marie
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

What encouraged me most about this interview was hearing Dr. Dake articulate his belief that the future of medicine will involve interdisciplinary cooperation, and a setting aside of ego. Imagine, doctors and researchers working together to figure out MS....not shooting at each other when a new paradigm is introduced, but finding ways to collaborate!

This board has been a microcosm for me of the current medical waters.
I've read/participated in some snarky comments (apologies to anyone I offended) coming from lay people who felt that upholding their particular agenda and disease paradigm was more important than learning about a new idea...and we know that is in the medical community, as well.

I mean, c'mon...I'm just an opera singer, I know my limits...I just read some research that made sense, and it makes sense to doctors, too. If CCSVI is not the "only" answer to the MS question, I'll be just fine :) and so will Jeff. I know that Dr. Dake will be consulting with other medical professionals after he has all his research. And since he is well-respected and a good communicator, doctors will listen. But I also know that CCSVI is a major part of this puzzle, and addressing it with stenting will bring healing and hope. It would be foolish to discount it because it doesn't fit into someone's viewpoint...
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Amen sister

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”