Raising heartrate and BP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
LR1234
Family Elder

Raising heartrate and BP

Post by LR1234 »

Hi all,
I am thinking of trying to raise my bp and heart rate to increase blood flow. (My BP is 90/50 and Heart rate is 49-55bpm) I am going to start taking licorice root again and am thinking about maybe procarin (for the caffeine) has anyone tried this?

I know some herbs that raise BP and HR can be lethal, so I will make sure I don't over do it. Any other herb suggestions?

Also I have had positive antiphospholipids on a couple of occasions but have been assured that I don't have Hughes syndrome. All of this points as some sort of blood flow issue to me.

I am also going to have myself checked for CCSVI

L
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Cardiovascular exercise is the best....Jeff uses a bike and elliptical machine. Not sure what your physical limitations are-

Garlic, curcumin, EGCG, quercetin, proteolytic enzymes are all supplements that keep the blood from hypercoagulating, and relieve endothelial dysfunction.
Here's a link to the paper I wrote re: endothelial health. Let me know if it doesn't work, I can e-mail it. I may have to find a new server:
link

Caffeine works, but it's only a temporary help. Some folks swear by prokarin and ldn.
I'm sure you'll get other good suggestions-
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

positive antiphospholipids
You should consider taking nattokinease and serrepeptase, or lumbrokinase (expensive) for the fibrin/ thrombin build up.

I have this issue my doctor tests for it regularly and it is well controlled in me with the natto-serra combination. I too occassionally have + antiphospholipids. My doc calls it variant antiphospholipid syndrome.

I bruise a lot when my numbers are up--counter intuitive I know.

marie
Last edited by mrhodes40 on Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Thanks for the responses x
Aprilgolden

Re: Raising heartrate and BP

Post by Aprilgolden »

LR1234 wrote:Hi all,
I am thinking of trying to raise my bp and heart rate to increase blood flow. (My BP is 90/50 and Heart rate is 49-55bpm) I am going to start taking licorice root again and am thinking about maybe procarin (for the caffeine) has anyone tried this?

I know some herbs that raise BP and HR can be lethal, so I will make sure I don't over do it. Any other herb suggestions?

Also I have had positive antiphospholipids on a couple of occasions but have been assured that I don't have Hughes syndrome. All of this points as some sort of blood flow issue to me.

I am also going to have myself checked for CCSVI

L
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

Isn't it the point to raise the heart rate but lower the blood pressure? or keep the BP low if it is already low
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Hey Holly I wrote this post a while ago before I found out I had CCSVI issues. I now kinda think I want to leave everything well alone until I get my jugulars sorted!
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Yes, I wanted to know, too. My husband has Very low BP...the nurse asked today if he was on medication that would lower it, he is not. Is the body making the pressure low because it knows there is a blockage and it isn't possible to force blood through more quickly? If his pressure does increase due to exercise, his eyesight starts to go....his neuro used to say "t's the heat" and my husband would say "Ithink it's the pressure"...
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

When I exercise my eyesight goes as well. I also get blocked ears and get very dizzy.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Hmmmm, I don't have MS and I have a similar problem with my ears when I exercise....very annoying. I also yawn a lot (which is what causes the ears to block), weird huh?
BBE
Family Member

Post by BBE »

Can you please explain following to me:
1. Let`s assume we have a healthy individual with BP 120/80 and HR 66 bpm. If I understand it right it starts as the heart pumps the blood out through arteries, arterioles then to capillaries where the oxygen is given to organs and than the blood is again collected in the veins on the way back to heart for new oxygenation. If the process works well we can maintain the same BP and HR.
However if there is something that disrupts the return of blood back to the heart (i.e. CCSVI), than there is less blood returning what results in lower BP for the next round and therefore higher HR.
I have read something like that in regards to situation when we sit and than suddenly stand up. The blood in legs cannot return back so fast and the same situation occurs (lower BP -> less blood for brain -> dizziness or black out -> higher HR in order to restore the situation). Is that right?
2. In case of a reflux in vein what`s better: having high BP in order to push the "refluxed" blood away or having low BP so that the pressure in that area is not accumulated?
3. Has HR any impact on all this?
4. If we do know what BP and HR is better for MS shall we start looking for therapies for either vasoconstriction or vasolidation? Isn`t that meant for ateries only? Can veins be dilated with e.g. aerobic exercise?
Thanks.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

my last 'official' bp was low too, ugh. my docs told me to hydrate more - i'm really bad at drinking enough water. i thought i was doing okay but then i did a retest in the pharmacy and no dice. 90/50. water sucks. especially when u work outside with limited toilet access!
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

have been drinking at least 1.5 litres of water since my liver started giving me grief over the antibiotics and LDN combo. I find drinking water does make me feel a whole lot better.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

For me the more water I consume in a day those urgent little pee breaks turn into less frequent relief. I know that being a guy I can just go off and shake the bush but really try DRINK MORE CLEAN PURE WATER and you will be find that your bladder capacity will increase making life much easier. As for the BP and HR well during the last spelunking in the mri tube for the mrv the tech said that my heart rate was so slow that it would take a little longer to get the pics. Slow blood low BP probably not the best in my situation. Just shaking the bush boss. Cheers, Mark

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”