Hi from Jeff, re. my stent treatment at Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

can this day get any longer............... :?:

Safe driving! We'll hear from you when you are done!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

can this day get any longer...............
Only if you're on the East Coast and three hours ahead of California!!
I know, I know, tomorrow will be here when it gets here. Doesn't make me any less impatient, though. I'm never going to make it through to Randi's appointment on the 14th. Safe travels, everyone!
Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

I'm thinking the same thing :D
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

We're home! Long day...Jeff's stents look terrific, incorporated beautifully in the veins. He had a CAT scan and x-ray of the site, just to make sure. They looked great. Whoo hooo! Dr. Dake wanted to double check some more results before it's official, but it looks like Jeff can stop the coumadin and maybe even plavix. The MRIs were done by the neuro dept, and they are backed up...so we didn't get instant results like last time (when the cardiothoracic dept. did them.)

The neuro dept. at Stanford is interested in getting more involved, which is good...but it will mean more work getting everyone on board. Soooo....we'll have to wait a bit to get those MRI results. And Dr. Dake is busier than ever, so it may be a bit before he can put all the info together. Dr. Dake has a new scheduling asst, Alex and a new assistant, recent Stanford grad Nick, to keep his records in order. Had a nice visit with Dr. Cooke while we were there...he's applying for some grants for CCSVI animal studies/endothelial studies, which he says can be done (he's done them on PAD, and they can speed up the injury- to work with the mouse lifespan.)
We'll give more info here as it comes in, but the good doctor was happy to see Jeff so alert and in such good health and spirits. Me too!
Joan
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Jeff's stents look terrific, incorporated beautifully in the veins. He had a CAT scan and x-ray of the site, just to make sure. They looked great.
What a great message to see first thing in the morning!! I'm thrilled for all of you. :D :D
It's all good news -- good news that Jeff is doing so well, good news that everyone is so busy because they're so interested, good news that Dr. Cooke is applying for grants. Guess I'll have to just learn a little patience. That's a tough one...
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

This is just way too COOL! It is so exciting and almost unbelievable that this is all happening :) Thanks to Cheer (Joan) and Maire w/their research and contacts, finding Dr D and now the neuro's at stanford want in on it :!: Way to Go...
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Cheers and tears all around. He is probably loving getting of the Warfarin. Now he can mountain bike!
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

So happy to hear all the great news!! Thank God for Dr. Dake, for you guys, Marie, Holly, Sharon etc for paving the way for all of us here. I can't wait to hear about the MRI results.
javaneen
Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

Happy all around!! It's so encouraging to hear that all different kind of folks at Stanford are gearing up. Other places soon too, no doubt.
And, it goes without saying, will eagerly await updates, especially of Jeff's first bike ride!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

thanks, guys...Jeff's been out on his bike a couple of times already. I made him bring his cell phone in case...but he was fine. He has some nasty cuts and bruises from the coumadin. Looking forward to being done with that part of it!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Hey Cheer .....YEAH!! Off coumadin and maybe plavix??! I thought the plavix was for life! Boy I am GLAD to hear that. And the research going forward at such a pace.

And an animal study where they manipulate things to get it to happen inside the animal's lifespan? I wonder how they do that, but I am glad they think they can find a way.

I'm sorry we do not have the results from the MRI yet, bu tit'll be fun when we do!

But how thrilling it is going forward like this! Zooming forward! WOW! This seems unstoppable now maybe....let's hope so :D :D
Last edited by mrhodes40 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Awesome Jeff, Your progress is an inspiration to us all. I can hardly wait til off the warfarin, and plavix too. Wow ! Dr. Dake told Brenda to keep me on a short leash. No playing around here. Trying to take it as easy as I can with out going stir crazy. Tough on the outdoor guy... Peace and Health Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

Hey yall - is there anyone on the East Coast doing these procedures?